Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We had another hot day in Chiang Rai.  The word on the street, and in the forecasts, calls for rain on Sunday and Monday.  That would be so cool.  There is also talk of a drastic temperature drop.  Hmm, I’d rather have the rain.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Smokey Joe’s Cafe” by The Coasters.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j3xm_tJu-o
I realize that it’s an old tune, so here’s one for ‘Old School Friday' that’s newer, for you youngsters (555).  “Ooo, each day through my window I watch her as she passes by.  I say to myself, you’re such a lucky guy.  To have a girl like her is truly a dream come true.  Out of all the fellas in the world, she belongs to me.  But it was __ __ __, (__ __ __ __).  It was __ __ __, (__ __ __ __).”  Hint:  The first three words are the most important as far as naming the song.  A ballad by an R&B quintet from the motor-city music pool that gave us last week’s old school song.  It’s a daydream thing.

Today was Lisa’s birthday in Thailand.  Technically, she has another day to celebrate on U.S. time (555).  This morning Lisa, Blue and I went to Chivit Tamma Da and hung out in the garden.  Sitting in the warm morning sun with coffee, tea, and English muffins, plus a great deal of laughter was a perfect way to start the day.

On our way home I stopped to take the photo for today.  We first noticed this dead bamboo earlier in the week.
We don’t know why, but several large bamboo plants in the area all died.  There is an eerie, beautiful contrast that I couldn’t resist.


This evening we went to a wine tasting at The Legend Boutique Hotel.  There were people that we knew, and we ended up making two new friends.  One has lived in Chiang Rai for 14 years, and the other is a doctor from Bangkok who was here teaching at a university.  We had a lot of fun talking with them.  I think meeting new people in these settings is why we go.  Hopefully we’ll see them again in the future.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   Time for some ‘Funnies’.

                 Peace,
                           Danny


No comments: