Thursday, January 28, 2016

Destiny

Hi,

Today we saw the sun.  It happened in the afternoon.  We danced on the lawn and set off fireworks (555).  Mornings and nights are still cold, but the days are getting better.

The ‘Zany Day’ song has not been named yet.  I knew it was a long shot, but I’m sure someone has an idea.  
“My dad said ‘Find a laundry that’s new’ (find a laundry that’s new).  How can I tell my baby we’re through (tell my baby we’re through).  Gotta drive right into town, I don’t care if my shirts are brown.  I got a date tonight with the __ __ __ __.”  Hint:  I seem to remember a similar song about a pack of bikers.  Hmm.

Our morning adventure consisted of a trip to the ‘Land Office’.  It was time to pay the taxes on the land.  Things have changed a bit and the annual rate, after much confusion, was higher than before.  Even so, it was only $175.  When you think in baht, some things seem very expensive, but comparing it to dollars and past experience, it’s not so bad.

The big news is, we just returned from taking Natcha to the hospital.  She’s having labor pains.  Her little girl will probably arrive tomorrow or Saturday.  The excitement around here was something.  Natcha would call Cat, Cat would run upstairs and relay messages.  Finally, Gong knocked on Cat’s window and said, ‘It’s time’.  The baby will be born at Chiang Rai hospital, which is the government hospital.  Natcha was smart, she took her little heater with her to stay warm. 

The deli section at Big C is where we found this cute little ‘Rice Bear’.  We didn’t buy the meal, but knowing there is such a thing makes me smile.


There is a new ‘Night Spot’ somewhere in the neighborhood behind us.  How do I know?  Live music is flowing into our bedroom.  The band this evening has some nice arrangements of popular songs, but one of the singers is not happening.  We may have to devise a headphone system to block out the various ‘free concerts’ in the hood.

With overnight lows predicted to be in the 40s, we’re still not out of the arctic cold spell, but it’s not as bone-chilling as it was earlier this week.  You know it’s bad when you can see your breath inside the house.  Tonight, no breath (555).

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“One meets their destiny often
on the road they take to avoid it.”
~French Proverb

No comments: