Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Moment

Hi,

Today we got a forecast that was just as vague as any other day.  It was cloudy off and on all day, with wind and light rain around dinner time.  Fortunately, our young trees are still standing.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow”, written by Carole King, but originally sung by The Shirelles.  That brings us to our ‘Zany Day’ song.  Many of you will probably encounter the subject of this song in the coming months.  “Hey now baby, get into my big black car.  Hey now baby, get into my big black car.  I just want to show you what my politics are.  I’m a political man, and I practice what I preach.  I’m a political man, and I practice what I preach.  So don’t deny me baby, not while you’re in my reach.”  Hint:  Title is one word.  

Our ‘in town’ adventures began at Big C.  The highlight of the visit is our photo for the day.  The orchids are on sale in the produce department at a cost of 29 Baht per bunch.  That comes to around $.85 US.  Not a bad price to brighten up a room.  


If you recall, I mentioned that there was a fortune-telling machine at Big C.  Today, as we were leaving, I splurged and spent 5 Baht to know my fortune.  Of course, it was all in Thai, so I asked Cat to translate for me. She explained that it was written in ‘Old Thai’, which meant she had to translate that into ‘New Thai’, and then to English.  The resulting message was that whatever I want to do will be good, that I will have enough money, and that any health problems will get better.  I’d say that’s a pretty cool fortune (555).  Now we wait and see.

Down in the Talat, while Lisa and Blue were looking at material, I got stuck looking at an Indian soap on the big TV on the wall.  The owner, who is from India, asked me in Thai where I was from.  We’ve had this conversation before, but I just answered and we went back to watching.  The program was Indian, but dubbed in Thai.  There are many programs from this part of the world with Thai replacing the original language and I suppose some of them have big followings.  

Because of overcast skies and cooler nights, the pool had a chilly feel when we entered today.  Once in the water, it felt great.  After our swim we discovered we were out of coconut milk so we had to make a local run.  On the main road there is a Tesco Express that is like a mini-market.  At 5pm, the road was hectic.  School was out, the outdoor market was full of shoppers getting dinner supplies, and commuters were making their way to the villages north of us.  Slow and steady were the watch-words as we avoided wrong-way drivers, bikes pulling out, and people crossing the road at will.  We survived and made it home.  Another reason we don’t usually go out after about 4pm (555).

It’s time for Wacky Wednesday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“Don’t wait for the perfect moment.
take the moment and make it perfect.”
~Unknown

No comments: