Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Yesterday I neglected to give you the link I mentioned for making donations to the Nepal relief effort.  


This week’s ‘Zany Day’ song was “Pinball Wizard” by The Who.  ‘Old School Friday’ is next.  This goes way back:
“__ __ can make this world seem right.  __ __ can make the darkness bright.  __ __ and you alone can thrill me like you do, and fill my heart with love for __ __.  __ __ can make this change in me, for it’s true, you are my destiny.  When you hold my hand I understand the magic that you do.  You’re my dream come true, my one and __ __.”  Clue: The song is by a group that had a sting of hits, all romantic ballads.  Named for a nickname for records.  

Our week in the high 90s with no rain started yesterday and it’s keeping true to the forecasts.  This evening we saw a bunch of people hanging out in the river, trying to stay cool.  

This morning, while we were at the Healthy Market, Blue was at the Mixed Hill Tribe Village.  He took them copies of his postcard/poster.  Some of the women in the poster live in that village.  They filled him in on the latest news about members of the village.  He also got a better insight as to the interconnected nature of the tribes.  The Hill Tribes are not as ‘separate’ as some might think.  There are inter-tribal marriages as an example.  

It was nice to be out of the house while the yard crew was doing their thing.  The grass-cutting machines are very noisy.  When it’s lunch time the whole world seems so quiet.  Several trees had to get new braces to hold them in the wind.  Our newish flowering trees are going to need taller supports soon.  When they leave, the yard looks so clean.  It’s weird, but we also like it kinda messy.  

This afternoon we took Natcha to her apartment to get the rest of her things.  We waited outside as she brought bags and kitchen things to the van.  I noticed a motorbike with curious things hanging from it.  When I got close I realized it must have something to do with fishing and I was right.  I still have to find out more about how they are used, but I’ll find out.


After dinner we went to the benefit at 9 Art Gallery.  The event started hours before we arrived and it was going strong.  In addition to cash donations, there were items for sale like hand made jewelry, art work, and a collection of music cassettes of mostly Western popular artists.  There was an ‘art table’ where adults and children were drawing/painting images with messages of hope for Nepal.  I think there might have also been some kind of auction going on.  It was a great turnout by the artists of Chiang Rai. 

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.       Time for the ‘Funnies’.

                 Peace,
                           Danny 


No comments: