Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Chiang Rai had another rain free day.  The night is still young, so who knows what might still happen.  

That 'Zany Day' song was "Love Potion Number Nine" by The Clovers.  'Old School Friday' comes from 1969:
"I'm an ever rollin' wheel, without a destination real.  I'm an ever spinning top, whirling around till I drop.
Oh, but what am I to do, my mind is in a whirlpool.  Give me a little hope, one small thing to cling to.  You got me
__ __ __.  Oh, 'round and 'round I go, you got me __ __ __.  Oh, 'round and 'round I go, I'm spun out over you...."
Clue:  The title involves a geometric design.  This R&B ballad had many covers.  Do you know who did it first?

This morning we braved the morning traffic to go to the Sports Center where Cat's school was having their annual 'Sports Day'.  When we arrived they were still staging the groups for the parade that would march around the track.  The school has about 3,000 students and most of them were in the stands waiting to cheer whatever happened.  We found Cat and took some photos of her in her costume.  The school is divided into colors over the many grade levels.  Each color group had a unit in the parade and they all had exotic, traditional costumes.  In the afternoon I went back to pick up Cat and I couldn't believe the number of school vans, cars and motorbikes that were all trying to converge on the Sports Center.  Eventually, I got there and on the trip home Cat told me about her day.  She had been up since 2:30am and was very tired, but happy.

After Lisa and I dropped Cat off, we went to Chivit Tamma Da for coffee.  It was early and we were the only patrons.  We sat on the patio and enjoyed the view of the swollen river and all the intense plant life.  Today's photo was at this almost jungle-like coffee house.


While hanging out in the pool this afternoon, we realized that we get to experience beauty every day, whether it's driving down our street, or having a cup of coffee.  Even in the middle of the city there are touches that always make us smile.  Orchids on trees, or artistic lamp posts, it never gets dull.

This evening we had dinner with our friend Cornelis, an artist with a unique style and lots of stories to tell.  We had a fun dinner at Muu Mai Restaurant and learned more about our friend.  He's an expat from Holland and he once was a healer, a singer, managed ballet companies, and has lived in many places in the world.  

Monday I will be writing to you from Chiang Mai.  We're driving down that morning for a little overnight business trip.  Yes, we will probably stop for pie (555).

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.      Time for the 'Funnies'.

                   Peace,
                             Danny


No comments: