Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Winter seems to have taken a vacation and left summer to babysit.  Today was a scorcher.  It's the first day in weeks where hot weather was a topic of conversation around town.

Well, the 'Zany Day' song was "They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha Ha" by Napoleon XIV.  'Old School Friday':
"I know you wanna leave me, but I refuse to let you go.  If I have to beg, plead for your sympathy I don't mind 'cause you mean that much to me.  __ __ __ __ __, sweet darlin', please don't leave me girl, don't you go...."  Hint: This should be easy.  I'm so tempted to give you clues, but let's just say the singer has lost all his dignity.  By a Motor-town monster group.

This morning I took the dogs out alone.  They took this opportunity to take advantage of me.  Today was 'We do what we want' day.  I would throw the red ball for BamBam and the orange ball for Daku.  BamBam always runs for the ball and brings it back for a treat.  Today she would get the ball and plop down and chew.  Daku would walk to the ball, pick it up and then find a spot to lie down and chew.  When he wasn't chewing the ball he was chewing the grass.  He would only respond when I started walking toward him.  He's such a tease.  We all got some exercise, even if most of it was walking briskly.

Our Bohenia tree began life as a cutting from our friend Jaffee.  After two years of growing and being shaped it is a beautiful flowering tree.


I went into town later in the morning to pick up a few things.  Progress had been made on the stage in the middle of the street, and some of the booths had more decorations.  Driving home, through the main business district, I was struck by a scene that I am still not used to seeing.  The mosquito abatement man was pumping a dense cloud of insecticide into the storm drains while the street and sidewalk were full of people.  As Mr. Tuvak from Vulcan would say, "Logic dictates that this is not the best time for such actions".  What a nice way to greet the tourist.  Hmm, simply amazing.

This afternoon I went out to New Life.  Before we started our session I had an interesting conversation with a man from England about dealing with the various forms of measurement around the world.  In England he said things are mixed and one never knows which one to use.  They use 'stones' as a measure of weight (14 pounds = 1 stone), but other things are metric.  Time is something that is less of a challenge than it used to be, but sometimes I have to think about anything after 12noon.  (555)  You know, what time is it?  It's 13:45.  Oh.  My 24 hour clock always needs winding, or something.  

We found out from Tatt that he was accepted to Mae Farluang University, which is just north of Chiang Rai.  He's still waiting to hear from two more universities.  

It looks like we will be staying home tomorrow instead of partying.  The hostess recently announced that she is expecting twins and we don't want to take a cold to their house.  Some day we will have a stove with an oven and we will cook turkey.  Notice how I said 'we'?  I'm a pretty good baster and I mash a mean potato.  When we bought our kitchen appliances we were directed to get a table-top gas burner.  That was all that was needed to cook Thai food.  This may be true, but that doesn't take into account things like cookies and turkey.  The master wish list has an oven and a clothes dryer right up near the top.  

We are very grateful for everything that we do have, and it really is a wonderful life.  

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.      Stay tuned for some funny stuff.

                        Peace,
                                   Danny


No comments: