Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Enemy


Hi,

This morning we had a little rain storm.  I think it caught a lot of people by surprise, judging by what they were wearing on their motorbikes.  The weather was great for our afternoon trip to New Life Foundation.  Tonight we baked cookies.  Yea.

So far only two people have named the 'Easy Monday' song.  Here's the bridge, the part with the cowbell.  So easy:
"When I'm home everything seems to be right.  When I'm home feeling  you holding me tight, tight, yeah.  It's been 
__ __ __ __, and I've been working like a dog...."  Clue:  I don't know why you don't remember this.  It's not hard at all.  

We managed to get the dogs out for their exercise just in time.  I had returned from taking Lisa to her massage when I heard a familiar sound.  It was the rain and it was coming down heavy.  We're happy for the rain, especially when we don't have to do things in it.  

When we were at Doy Din Dang pottery last week we bought some small plates.  Lisa asked Boot to use them for our meals.  The idea was to force her to give us smaller portions.  So far it's working, but it hasn't prevented her from cooking the same amounts as before.  Today she cooked a lunch that was big enough for five people.  We had enough left over for Lisa and me to have a nice dinner.  The plan is working and the plates are beautiful.  (Photo later)

This afternoon we took Mari out to New Life Foundation for her three day stay.  Lisa had never been there so we all took the tour when we got there.  It is a very peaceful place and I can see how it could be very refreshing.  There is an early morning yoga, a silent, 'mindful' breakfast, afternoon meditation and yoga, swimming and working in the gardens.  Anyway, I will bring Mari back with me after my Friday session and she leaves for India on Saturday.

Closer to home, there is an evening restaurant that has fascinated me for some time.  In the day time the space is part of a parking lot.  When the sun goes down it becomes a popular eatery.  I finally got photos showing day and night.



Everything that you see in the bottom photo has to be set up every time they open for business.  They used to bring potted bushes to make a border on the front.  Someday we'll have to stop and check out the menu.  If it weren't for eating next to the busy traffic, it might be fun.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                 Peace,
                            Danny

"When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you."
~African Proverb

No comments: