Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Funnies


Hi,

I can tell that the weather is changing because the sky was clear and it wasn't a sweltering day.  Hmm, could winter really be coming?  We ran errands in the morning and Mari returned from her mini-retreat.  

The 'Zany Day' song was "Get Off My Cloud" by The Rolling Stones.  Here's an 'Old School Friday' tune to figure out:
"You got a smile so bright, you know you could have been a candle.  I'm holding you so tight, you know you could have been a handle.  The way you swept me off my feet, you know you could have been a broom.  The way you smell so sweet, you know you could have been some perfume.  Well, you could have been anything that you wanted to and I can tell, 
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __."  Hint:  A clever bit from the rhyming dictionary.  Hmm, I'm tempted to take mine off the shelf.   One of the longer titles for an R&B song.

This morning was the second day in a row that we drove to Makro to buy chicken, but there was no chicken.  That meant driving into town to the Healthy Market and going to the chicken lady.  There were other errands as well, but that's life.  During our morning drive we came upon an interesting scene.  A motorbike with a kitchen sidecar was towing a kitchen trailer.  

                               Rolling Kitchens

This afternoon I drove out to New Life, had a good session with the residents and brought Mari back with me.  She really enjoyed her stay and accomplished everything she set out to do.  Lots of meditation and yoga, plus some relaxing time.  Tomorrow morning we'll take her to the airport.  She will go to Bangkok and then on to India for almost a month. That's what I call an adventure.

Saturday night will be the grand opening of NorThai, the 4 story shophouse restaurant, gift shop, art gallery.  We're very excited about this, not only because we know the owners and have watched it evolve, but because it's a new concept for Chiang Rai.  It will be a gathering place, a support central for creative causes, and a wonderful place to shop for gifts.  Photos next week.

Don't forget, the Formula One Grand Prix of Austin this weekend.  My friend Linda tells me that all of the rental cars in Austin are booked.  That should tell you something.  Zoom.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.          Time for the 'Funnies'.

               Peace,
                          Danny


No comments: