Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thoughts

Hi,
There has been a major construction project on the north side of town and today we investigated. The patient is still recovering and BamBam is on restriction. Huh?
I guess I'm going to have to hand-feed you a song that you already know. It's from '65, one of my favorite music years.
"...But this time before you run to her leaving me alone and hurt, (Think it over). After I've been good to you (Think it over) After I've been sweet to you __ __ __ __ __ __ Before you break my heart..." Hint: The choreography on this one was fun. Big hair and sparkling gowns were a trademark, not to mention a thumping bass.
There was a rumor right after we started building the house, that the government was going to put in a road that would cross the river near a central thoroughfare in the center of town. We were assured that this would probably divert some of the traffic that passes in front of our house. It was a welcome thought, but we had no certainty that it would happen. Then work began across from the Police station on a road heading north. It didn't seem like a place for the road that had been mentioned so I didn't give it much thought. Today I got curious so we turned off from our usual route and slowly made our way over a compacted dirt road. After about a block we could see the concrete framework for what was obviously a bridge. It was grand. We still have no idea where the other side is, but that's for another day's exploring. This could mean a short-cut to town. I'll keep you posted.
When we asked Dr. Nan how long it would take to get over the extraction, she told us it might take a few days. Then there was mention of my age. I tend to forget that it can be a factor, since I really think I'm a bit younger. (Ha) Seriously, I have to watch it sometimes. Anyway, I'm doing pretty good about being good to me. Of course, I get a little help from my friends. Lisa and Boot inquire about my comfort level and it makes me keep aware. No need to be a martyr.
Our active teen dog BamBam has a slight limp when she gets up from lounging. Once she's up it goes away so we're thinking she's strained something. In light of that, we're trying to limit her vigorous activity. This is difficult for her because she loves to run and play. Trying to supervise her outside time is not easy. Keeping her from bounding up the stairs will also be hard. A few days of this and if she doesn't improve then we'll take her to see Dr. Arnon. I'm hoping the rest (Ha) will do it.
A few weeks ago I shared with you our experiences going through the mourning process with our Thai friends. One of the most difficult things about living in another country, so far away, is not being able to be close to loved ones when someone dear passes. Such is the case right now. Cousin Rudy's life is being celebrated today in San Diego and we can't be there. At least not in person. We will be there in spirit and I'll be carrying a bag of memories that go back to childhood. He will be missed, way over here. Our thoughts are with the entire family.
It's time for Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make our world."
~The Buddha


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: