Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Reveal

Hi, I know, I practically gave the song away, but I like to get mail. Oh, I spelled 'Sera' wrong yesterday. Lois caught it. Here's a more easy song: "Twiddley dee, twiddley dum Look out baby 'cause here I come. I'm bringing you a love that's true so __ __, cuz here I come." Hint: If you need a hint, you need help. Kids of all ages knew this one. Just kidding. ` We had rain last night. Just a heavy 15 minute downpour. It was nice. After it was over, the streets dried in about half an hour. Nothing like warm rain. It happened again this evening, only it would start, stop and start again.

You find the most interesting things in the Bangkok Post. We discovered some search engines that are geared to specific areas of interest. One of them is called Blinkx and it has lots of videos. Among the YouTube style things is a TV category. Wonderful for those of us who are locked out of the network download pages. If I can watch a show in four parts, I'll go for it. Which brings me to another little whine: We can't get SpeedVision/Channel (whatever they call it now), which means we don't get to hear the brilliant commentary of the Formula One races. The season started last weekend and our hotel didn't carry the channel that had the race. Ugh. I'm trying to download it, but it probably won't be complete until the end of the season. (Ha)

We went by The Place today and there's been more big progress. The brick walls are going up fast on the ground floor and they've started on the upstairs. The guys who do the roof steel have started on the west wing and the concrete is done in the pool. It's very exciting each time we go over, because we can really see big differences. The perspective changes every time the walls go up for a room. There's a lot of clever adaptation going on as well. The women doing the brick walls upstairs have a pulley system that brings the cement and bricks up to the second floor with a series of buckets. I took a few pictures of this because it's hard to describe. Another big change was the entrance. They've started building the perimeter frame for our special driveway. Basically, one will drive in, park in front of the porch, and then go around a circle on the west side and out. Wait 'til you see this. It's a great idea. They had to try it with different size vehicles, just to make sure it was big enough.

I guess I'd better start collecting clothes for our next trip. The temps in NZ are a bit cooler than Chiang Rai or Bali. It's time to bring out the warm stuff. Highs in the upper 60s, lows in the low 60s, should give you an idea. We've been in the 90s this week. We leave Thursday afternoon (our time) and arrive mid-day the next day (NZ time). It's complicated, when you consider we have a lay over in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a few hours. What I'm trying to say is, I may miss a day, unless I can get something out from KL. We'll see.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,

Danny

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches,
but reveal to them their own."
~Disraeli



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: