Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Knowing

Hi,
Just a quick note. We leave early for the airport tomorrow. It's a 7:20 a.m. check-in for an 8:20 flight that will probably leave at 9 o'clock. Then we spend the day at the airport in BKK until 5 something. Then the journey begins. It's a two hour flight to KL, an hour layover and then 10 hours to NZ. Not so bad really. Taipei to LAX is about 14 hours. Of course, it's all relative.
The Temptations really made an impression on most of you. You knew "Get Ready" without a second thought. Here's something to last until Friday: "The note said: 'Mrs. Johnson, you're wearing your dresses way too high. It's reported you've been drinking, and a-runnin' 'round with men and going wild..." Hint: There's a school involved, some parents, and a valley. I've said too much.
The oddest thing happened today (my Wednesday). No mail from anybody. Oh, I got my usual automatic mail, but you had nothing to say. I'm impressed. A day of silence, no doubt. Hmm.
Back to the packing of the bags. It's not like the old days. A new weight limit has been imposed, with an eye on saving fuel costs. Trying to pack light is not the easiest thing to do when you want to dress warm. For now, I'll take what I need and wrap it all in helium. (Ha)
Have a Wacky Wednesday and drop by Flickr. I just added some more. There are now 655 pictures.

Peace,
Danny

"Knowing is not enough;
we must apply.
Willing is not enough;
we must do."
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: