Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Well, we made it back to Chiang Rai. As predicted, there wasn't an opportunity to send a Thursday message. Our traveling is over, for a while. Lisa figured out that between our Bali trip, the trip to Bangkok and the New Zealand trip, we've been on 12 airplanes this month. The number of hours is a whole different matter.
With two days to figure it out, only two people came up with the song. Kristy and Lisa knew it was The Rolling Stones and "It's All Over Now". Actually, Kristy pointed out that it was really Bobby Womack ('64) who sang it first. As she put it, 'Just one more R&B song not always properly credited. Now you know.
For the weekend, try this one: "[Spoken] Is she really going out with him? Well, there she is. Let's ask her. [Sung] I met him at the candy store. He turned around and smiled at me, you get the picture? (yes, we see) That's when I fell for __ __ __ __ __" Hint: 60s 'Girl Group' hit. Good girl/bad boy theme.
I must say, it's good to be home. We had a fantastic time in NZ, and only saw a small portion of what it has to offer. The country is rich in history and culture and our next trip will probably dive into more of the culture. I have tons of pics to upload, and missed a few great shots because I left our camera in the car when Carolyn took us to the airport. There were some beautiful shots of Auckland, as we took off, that you would have enjoyed. Fret not, we got some coming in over the Bay of Islands. Another thing we'd like to do is spend more time in the Kuala Lumpur airport. We had another brief stop, but this time had to walk through part of it. It looked amazing. They have a train inside that runs to the outer terminals. There were also lots of displays referencing Formula One, since they just hosted a race. Hmm.
Today, after a bit of a rest, I went over to see The Place. Great opportunity to kick myself again for leaving the camera. It's amazing how much gets done in a week. When I arrived, a crew was working on the front gate. They had just finished the steel frame and were testing the rolling action. It will be covered with wood painted the same color as the wall. It will be powered by an electric motor, so we can open it from inside the house, or from the truck. Pretty slick.
I got a better understanding of some of the little 'touches' that Yuthana has included. From our bedroom, we will have a view to the west of the trees and the big hill. The same view will be available from the bathroom by opening a sliding door. Imagine, relaxing in the tub and looking out at nature, from the second floor. Sweet. The circle drive is partly done. The concrete in 15 centimeters thick with steel reinforcement. Before the crew takes their 10 day break for the Songkran Festival (more on that later) they will paint the concrete the same dark brown as the wall and let it 'cure' while they're gone. The entire yard will be graded for proper drainage. Something I wouldn't have thought about.
This weekend you might want to drop by the Flickr site and check out what we've been seeing and doing. Have a Great WeekEnd and enjoy the 'Funnies', sent in by my good friend VonSheila.

Peace,
Danny



WHY PARENTS DRINK


A Mother passing by her son's bedroom was astonished to see that his bed was nicely made and everything was picked up.

Then she saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow that was addressed to "Mom". With the worst premonition she
opened the envelope with trembling hands and read the letter.

Dear Mom,:

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a
scene with Dad and you. I have been finding real passion with Stacy and she is so nice. But I knew you would not approve of her because of all her piercings, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes and the fact that she is much older than I am. It's not only the passion...Mom she's pregnant. Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children.

Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with the other people that live nearby for cocaine and ecstasy. In the meantime we will pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Stacy can get better. She deserves it. Don't worry Mom. I'm 15 and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I'm sure that we will be back to visit so that you can get to know your grandchildren.

Love,
Your Son Jon

P.S. Mom, none of the above is true. I'm over at Tommy's house.

I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the report card that's in my center desk drawer.

I love you.
Call me when it's safe to come home.



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: