Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ripples

Hi,
'Twas the night before leaving, and all through the house, bags were being packed and hard decisions were being made about what to take...
The song you were stuck on was "Save The Last Dance For Me" by The Drifters. Oh, now you remember. Try this:
"I never had no money, I bought at the second store. The way this old town laughs at me, I just can't take it no more.
I can't stay, I'm gonna be a lady some day. __ __ __ ....." Hint: This duo was big in the mid 60s, solo careers and politics were the final result. Somebody doesn't want somebody to do something.
Today we set up a special account for The Place. Oddly enough, it's called 'Danny & Lisa Home'. I don't need to tell you what a relief it is to be working with a sophisticated team who's not afraid of accountability. Whew. We spent the afternoon packing the bags. It's very tricky, trying to take warm clothes from a climate where one doesn't need many warm clothes. Maybe the cold spell will end while we're in L.A. One thing's for sure, buying clothes 'over there' will seem like a very expensive proposition. And then there's the toys. I openly admit that I'm really into the toys. The laptop is coming, the small drive with 'shows', new software to play with on the plane, our music players, and some DVDs that didn't get finalized (I can fix that because I saved the old machine). Clever Lisa devised a way for us to unpack so 'the boys' won't see our stash of gifts. Coming to America, we have to leave everything unwrapped. (no comment) All in all, we're pretty excited about seeing family and friends and our new 'apartment'.
This evening, Aunt Jen and her son Nu came over to get the keys to our place. They're going to stay here while we're gone. Boot will come and keep things together and cook dinner for them. We had fun, kidding them about having wild parties while we're gone. It will be nice to know that the house won't be empty and unwatched.
Yesterday I forgot to mention, to some of you, that there are a bunch of new pics up on the Flickr site. I guess I'll have to look for odd and unique things around the Culver City area to report on over the next three weeks. Hmm, may not be as interesting as LOS, but I'm sure I can give you a new perspective. (5)
Well, Have a Wacky Wednesday and I'll write you from Taipei (a little late, but I'll write.). Just think, we leave on the 20th and arrive on the 20th. I just can't get over it. I just love a good worm-hole.

Peace,
Danny

"Like a stone dropped into a lake, our acts of kindness can create a ripple effect.
The long-term effects may be unknown to us, but the ripples of one wave creating another and another,
to forever impact - that is a definite fact.
Make your ripples today."
~Susan Fahncke

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: