Thursday, December 27, 2007

Progress

Hi,
Brrr, it's cold. The wind has not made it any easier to deal with the SoCal Cold. I'm still impressed by the way some people seem to be immune to the chill. (walking around in T-shirts and shorts) Oh well.
We have been enjoying hanging with the boys. C-Bass has a great sense of humor, if you can stay calm through the 13 y/o part of it. August notices everything and has an answer for almost everything (or thinks he does) Last night was a time to have the digital recorder handy. DJ August was sitting at the table, after dinner, when all of a sudden he was taken over by an outside force and went into 'the zone'. He started with 'two turntables and a microphone' and progressed to 'boom chaka-la-ka' from Sly, and finished by reciting a Fergie hit. (Oh, I'm so behind)
The song in question, was "The Christmas Song" as sung by Nat 'King' Cole and written by Mel Torme. Try this one from 1980: "Well, make a wish baby, well and I will make it come true. Make a list baby, of the things I'll do for you...
Clue: Soft-Rock ballad (I guess) by a group whose name is also a salad, these lines are from the 'B' section. It's about relative size.
So, traffic seems to move at a quicker pace than in LOS. There is traffic, and sometimes it seems like it's going fast, but I don't think it's like here. Two lanes is as big as it gets, except for parts of the Super Highway that runs through the whole country. Two lanes of cars, motorcycles and Tuk-Tuks doesn't move at the same rate as Venice Bl. Also, traffic doesn't stack up the same way during rush hour. It's going to be quite a challenge to actually drive over there. Driving here is being fun, for the most part, but there are moments when I wish I was just a passenger.
We made an attempt to call Boot last night, but she didn't answer. Not unusual for her to leave her phone at the house and go across the street to visit. We'll try again tonight. I'm missing the place. If I didn't, something would be wrong with this picture. The picture is clear. (5)
I'm just getting the hang of sending the message on the same day you'll get it. Also writing it in the morning is taking a little effort. Hang in there. Oh, and I guess you've noticed, I'm not quite as long-winded as when I'm in LOS.
Have a Great Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"You progress not through improving what has been done,
but reaching toward what has yet to be done."
~Kahlil Gibran

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: