Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Alone/Together

Hi,
We've been improvising since about 2pm yesterday. A transformer blew up somewhere in the neighborhood and we've been without power for about 18 hours. Dinner by candle light, no heat, no hot water, no TV (just got it installed). Happy Holidays. Actually, it wasn't so bad. Just bad enough for everyone to whine about it for 18 hours. We still don't have hot water. Hmm, feels like home.
We got up this morning and watched the kids open their presents and that was big fun. DJ August got a light kit with spots, a fog machine and a black light. His gigs are going to move up a notch now. C-Bass was thrilled with 2008 upgrade of a soccer game since the '04 edition. August had left a letter to Santa, a family tradition, and Santa ate the cookies and answered the letter. All very cute. August reminded Santa that he's a boy. The Culver City Santa wasn't sure when he met August, because his hair is long (old people). Santa answered in his letter that sometimes he got confused. I'll say. He still thinks he brought me a couple of things I've never received.
We're moving to a new song today, since no one had a clue. It was "Donde Esta Santa Claus" by Augie Rios. I have nothing to say. Oh, Barry just wrote in with the title. Yea. You surely know this one. A chance for everybody to win, to triumph at least once this year. Here goes:
"Chestnuts roasting on an open flame, Jack Frost nipping at your nose...." Hint: you don't need any. Bonus goodness if you know who made it a standard and who wrote it.
I've been asked if I've encountered any culture shock, coming back to the US. Well, I must say that the food has been the biggest shock to my system. I am in sync with Thai food. I have just a few limitations and I can do just fine. Not quite the same here. I have to make sure I take certain digestive enzymes with me, just in case I encounter the dreaded lactose monster, the soy gremlin. Over in LOS, I never have to take the pills to meals. Right there, is a great reduction in stress.

Peace,
Danny

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."
~Helen Keller


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: