Thursday, November 1, 2007

World

Hi,
Well, did you dress up? Did you celebrate Halloween? I know, it's for kids. (Riiiight) I'll bet you ate some candy though.
"Out from his coffin, Drac's voice did ring. Seems he was troubled by just one thing. He opened the lid and shook his fist And said, 'Whatever happened to my Transylvania twist?' It's now __ __, __ __ __..." You need no clues. If you don't know, you don't know. Ask a kid, big or small.
I'm sitting here watching Thai Music Videos. I'm mostly listening, but sometimes I look up and get drawn into the story. Most of them have these gentle stories of love found, love lost, with very sweet characters. Of course, that's just the station I'm watching. There are more 'western' styles for sure. I'm watching one by Potato and the band doesn't sing in person until the end of the clip.
More progress was made with regards to the settling in. We're still in a dilemma as to how to deal with all the paintings and pictures that we'd love to hang. The concrete bricks mean drilling holes, putting in anchors and then patching it all when we leave. Hmm, I'm working on a frame system so we could show Lisa's art without harming the house, too much.
We stayed in all day today. Tomorrow will be another story. We've got basic shopping to do, and a Thai lesson. We're getting closer to the idea of getting a vehicle. Tired of Tuk-Tuks, and tired of being dependent on someone else to go where we want to go. Khun Singh is very nice, drives slow and easy, but it's still out there in the wind and you have to plan what we want to bring home. So, I'm thinkin' four-door pickup, the small kind. We'll see. First, we get bikes.
I guess you can tell that I haven't much to say today. Oh, there's a bird that comes to the same tree limb every afternoon at the same time and squawks his little beak off. I haven't decided if he's calling his family in for the night or just trying to get a date. (Ha)
Enjoy your day and stay out of the candy.

Peace,
Danny


"You can make your world so much larger
simply by acknowledging everyone else's."
~Jeanne Marie Laskas



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: