Thursday, November 8, 2007

Heart/Mind

Hi,
Today was pretty cool. We went by the lot with Pat and Boot, then downtown to get an amplifier for the living-room
sound. I spent most of the afternoon getting it all to work. Now we can listen to our CDs, tapes and my iPod. I'm still working on getting proper sound from the turntable, but I'll figure it out.
I knew I'd hit a nerve with at least a few of my rock friends. I've had a certain musical line going through my head all day. It came from this: "Feeling alone, the army's up the road, salvation a la mode and a cup of tea. __ my friend, don't start away uneasy..." Clues: Lane tells us the '71 LP of the same name has sold over 7 million copies.
While we were walking around downtown, near the market section, we saw one of the people I told you about yesterday. We heard the sound of a bicycle horn. I turn and saw a giant cart filled with ladders and brooms. I'll post a few pics on Flickr. We saw him again in another part of town later. He gets around.
It's finally been determined that what we need is a pump, to increase water pressure. There's a place called the 'waterworks' that's been suggested. Tomorrow may be the day. Think about it. When you come to visit you'd like to have some hot water, right? Of course you would. And when did you say you're coming? (Ha)
Oh, another interesting thing happened today. I went out to the front yard to get some perspective before we went to the property. Trying to imagine a different structure, and where the pool would be. I heard a bike at the gate and thought it might be Boot. It was Gai, a neighbor who works at Sinthanee. She stopped by on her way to work to return the blender that didn't work. Can you imagine Best Buy or Target doing that? Neither can I.
That led us to a brief discussion about preferential treatment. They (BB and Target) may do that sort of thing for their rich clients, we don't know. Considering all the stuff we bought at Sinthanee, maybe they consider us to be rich. (Big Ha) Of course, by Thai standards, I guess we would be rich. We try not to 'act' like we are, and we don't buy the most expensive stuff, but most falangs that are not just passing through are probably considered rich. Hmm. You're as rich as you think you are. Actually, I think the return of the blender was more in keeping with 'The Thai Way'.
Have an Abundant Day.

Peace,
Danny

"Don't try to reason with your heart
or feel with your mind
for just as the heart knows no logic,
the mind can't lead you to your soul."
~Unknown


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: