Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Humility

Hi,
Looks like summer weather is in full swing. Actually, I ordered
it, in preparation for the weather in LOS. We're headed for low
90s/mid 70s with humidity. Yum. (really rather oppressive until you
get used to it)
Some of you late 90s music fans got the song right away. I
guess after today's clues, more of you will get in the car.
"__ __ __, Baby youre much 2 fast. __ __ __, U need a love thats gonna
last." Clue: He used to be a symbol, think color and wheels, and
'fast'.
I'm not cut out for condo life. The street is too far away, it
takes too long to ride over all the speed bumps and now I'm done
complaining. Oh, and people walking on my head. Like I said before,
a house will spoil you.
As we count down the days here on the continent, there's still
lots to be done. It's amazing, how deep the change of address thing
can go. Things you don't think of initially, pop up as you turn a
corner. Then there's email stuff. I get several daily pieces and
they've stopped coming. Oooops. It's all about the loose ends.
We're planning our regular evening with August. I'll pick him up
from day camp, we'll pick up Lisa from work and we'll have a picnic
under the gazebo and walk around the property. Since we have no toys
or art materials, he'll probably take in the remodeling highlights and
be ready to go home. The main thing is that we get to have him with
us in the 'space' we're in, today. C-Bass want to come on Thursday,
which is really cool, since he's been having a hard time with all of
this.
Over the weekend, we ate at Emerald Thai. It used to be our
regular spot when we lived near downtown Culver City. There's a young
man who works there who remembered that we were moving to Chiang Rai.
He gave us the number of a close friend of his who works in the forest
areas near where we'll be. There's a warm hospitality that makes the
adventure even more palatable.
Last but not least, I set up a 'blog' last night. I'll be
posting the daily message there, plus photos from time to time, so you
can see what we see. Go to: http://gratidude.blogspot.com If I
have trouble sending the daily mail to lists, you can check out the
blog. I'm new to all this, so be gentle.
I'm off to Pasadena to meet with Blue at Saladang (beautiful Thai
spot) and then up to Altadena to visit with my mom for some computer
lessons and some light bulb changing. (Ha) Oh, and we'll most likely
laugh a lot.
Have a Terrific Toasty Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Humility is the soil in which all other virtues grow."


'Gettin' Funky, Thai Style'

No comments: