Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Free From Fear

Hi,
Life by the lake is rolling along. Most of you may recall that when we lived on Nina, we had a backyard that attracted a variety of birds. Now we have a huge backyard, with huge tall trees and no birds. It's the weirdest thing. There are ducks and egrets and hummingbirds, but no pigeons, Klingons or Romulins. (crows and bluejays). Somebody please explain this.
Frank got the song, first time out. Where are the rest of you. Lane got the title, but since he's young, he missed the group, although The Dave Clark Five did record the song. Remember them? Here's the second verse:
"All at once it happened, the prettiest in the world. I said a-won't you come over and a-talk to me, and be my girl"
Clues: I gave you good clues yesterday. Figure it out or wait for the answer.
This morning I'm going up to the Thai Consulate (they were closed yesterday) to try and make some sense of a few things on the visa application. For instance, purpose of visit: retirement. Length of visit: see what I mean? They also want the name, address and phone number of someone in Thailand. We can provide that, but how often does someone have that information. I'm just sayin'. I imagine some of the questions don't seem odd because the form is for several visas. Oh well, I'll report back tomorrow and tell you what I find.
I have to set up the movie date I proposed with C-Bass. I offered to take him to see the Simpsons' movie. That will be an experience. First of all, I haven't been to a movie theater since that Will Smith movie about the dating consultant. (I think) We watched the Simpsons in the early days, but not since. I'm sure we'll laugh 'til we're sick and most of it will lose much in translation.
Off into the day, sorting and tossing (sound familiar?) and discovering. Have Tasty Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"For the one who has no inner, angry thoughts,
Who has gone past being a someone, a this or a that,
That one is free from fear and is blissful.
Even the gods cannot win such serenity."
~Udana Sutta

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: