Thursday, July 26, 2007

Gratitude

Hi,

It's another bright and sunny day in L.A. Hats off to all of you who got the song right away. Need a little more?

"I said, 'Slow don't go so fast Don't you think that love can last?'She said, 'Love, Lord above Now you're tryin' to trick me in love'." __ __ __ Baby, it's __ __ __" Hint: Free yourself and you might remember.

As you can see, the gap is back (between paragraphs). Let's just say 'I meant to do that'. Anyway, the Retirement Party for Lisa was a smashing success. She had no idea what they were going to do, so in a way, it was a surprise. There was a big table with a balloon arch over it, and palm trees at each end. The spread included Sate Gai (chicken sate or chicken on a stick for you uninformed) from our fav Thai Boom, all kinds of munchies direct from Thai Town in Hollywood, and a tropical cake with air-brush decoration. By the time Herb (the director) began his little talk, the room was full. He spoke of her 30 years at ISI and how much he'd miss Lisa and all her guidance. She's been there longer than him, and you could feel the respect. Then Lisa said a few words, eloquently I might add, gave props to her crew and then it was time to eat and mix. I got to meet the faces behind many names I've heard through the years, mostly names from USC campus. One of her assistants passed a book around the institute and people wrote notes to Lisa. Very touching gestere. They're all really going to miss her.

Right in the middle of the festivities, I got a call from C-Bass. He had 'run away' and wanted to know what to do next. (que up dramatic music) When I asked him where he was, he was still on his street. I was right in the middle of a conversation so I told him to stay where he was and I'd call him right back. Five minutes later I called back and was told that I needed to come up with a plan. What? I'm not running away. Long story short, he went back home and the crisis passed. He's coming over tonight.

The big adventures around here include sitting in the jacuzzi and juggling the gate card and door keys. Other than that, it's pretty smooth.

Have a Big Thursday!

Peace,

Danny



"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
~John Fitzgerald Kennedy



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

No comments: