Monday, March 30, 2020

Love

Hi,

The weekend weather was as predicted:  Hot.  The topic of the smoke is getting a lot more milage these days.  Many articles are being written examining the escalation over the years.  It does no good if nothing is done, which is the sentiment on the street.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Fever” by Little Willie John, and covered by Peggy Lee.  Time for ‘Easy Monday’:
“Hey girls, gather ‘round, listen to what I’m putting down.  Hey babe, I’m your __ __.  I’m not the kind to use a pencil or rule.  I’m handy with love and I’m no fool.  I fix broken hearts, I know I truly can.”  Hint:  The title refers to a person who, as the lyrics implies, fixes things.  Hands are involved, sometimes (555).

A lot of the weekend was spent ‘babysitting’ JaiDee.  Since he was obsessed with getting to his incision, but couldn’t reach it, his tail became his target.  The cone extension worked sometimes, but it meant we had to constantly monitor him.  A sedative from the vet worked pretty good for a day and a night.  Today the stitches were removed and he is healing properly.  He still has a week more of wearing the cone.  That means a week more of monitoring his behavior.  We had an anti-itch spray for dogs and it seemed to work this afternoon, once.  Exercise is best, but the air is so bad it seems wrong to have him exert himself too much.  The best way to get him to run is with the garden hose.  He loves to chase the stream of water.  I think he enjoys getting a little wet when he ‘catches’ it.  I swear there is a smile on his face.  This could be a great photo op.  I’ll work on it.

There is a tree in our back yard that blooms every year, about this time.  



Speaking of nature, I miss The Wanderer.  Like most restaurants, it’s closed.  It’s been about two weeks since we were last there.  We see photos on Facebook of Mercy and the trees, etc. so not a distant memory.  All I have to do is go through my photos and I’m there.  There is a giant construction project on the road into town that has been a mystery for months.  We finally found out that it will be an agricultural research center, or something like that.  At least it’s not a housing tract.  

One thing about having to stay close to home, not a lot of plans are made that require going outside.  We get dressed to go to the vet, the grocery store and that’s it.  Today we did both, the great adventures of the week.  At Top’s Market at Central Plaza Mall, we got the temp check on entry, and shopped in a lightly populated store.  The traffic to and from the mall was very light and that was also nice.  

Have a Great Week.

                      Peace,
                                Danny

“Love is all we have, the only
way that each can help the other.”
~Euripides

No comments: