Friday, February 9, 2018

Friday Funnies

Hi,

The weather?  You know, cold this morning, hot the rest of the day.  Actually, it also depends on what part of town you’re in because that can change it all.  In our neighborhood, near the river, it’s cooler than down where the earth is covered by concrete and asphalt and the buildings block the breeze.  Weather zones.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Hotel California” by The Eagles.  ‘Old School Friday’ jumped into my head and wouldn’t leave.  “__ __ __ __, oh send it I pray.  How can I love you, when you’re so far away?  Send me your picture, send it my dear, so I can hold it, pretend you are here.”  Clue: An R&B ballad hit, by a singer whose first name was ‘Little’ (555).  His second name was also a first name.  Confused?  It has been sung by many artists through the years.  Miss Molly and Lucille might get upset if you don’t know this one.

I guess we must be getting back to our regular state of ‘healthy’, judging from level of ‘busy’ we’ve been up to.  This morning we went to Chivit Tamma Da and sat by the river for our morning coffee.  From there, we went to the big nursery on the highway to get plants for the yard.  That filled the back of the van, but also left us confident that there was still room in the back seat for our next stop.

Big C, late on a Friday morning.  The idea of it sounded horrible, but it really wasn’t that bad, and besides, we were shopping for an event.  Monday is my natal birthday and we’re having a party on Sunday.  When we headed for the check-out, we had a cart full of chips, juices, veggies and fruit.  Fortunately, a new checker was just opening up so we didn’t have to wait.  There was a Big C Bear walking around as part of a promotion.  Little kids were having their picture taken with the bear.  


For the last few days I have been trying to find a way for us to be able to watch the Winter Olympics.  Here we have this major event being held in our part of the world, and it’s not being televised.  The owners of the rights for this region are not broadcasting the games.  The American network is keeping the whole thing close to home and other countries are also wanting subscriptions, etc.  Now I have Google breathing down my neck presumably because I turned off my ‘cookies’ and they can’t follow me around.  I don’t really know, it’s just annoying.  There are aspects of technology that I think are wonderful, but when it starts creeping into my ’stuff’, I have concerns.  Don’t get me started on the ‘Cloud’.  Rant over.  We’ll settle for Youtube presentations of various sports and be happy.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   Time for the ‘Funnies’.

                 Peace,
                           Danny


No comments: