Friday, February 16, 2018

Friday Funnies

Hi,

The weather?  Hot with moments of Really Hot.  The smokey air didn’t come until after dinner, so we had a beautiful day.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Maybellene” by Chuck Berry, 'The King of Rock & Roll’.  There, I said it.  ‘Old School Friday’ is up next:  “You know I can be found, sitting home all alone.  If you can’t come around, at least please telephone.  __ __ __ to a heart that’s true.”  Hint:  That should be enough to get this tune.

This morning, at 6:30am, the drumming started, announcing Chinese New Years.  I couldn’t tell which side of the river it was coming from, but it was a whole bunch of drummers.  There weren’t a lot of firecrackers during the day, which was a surprise.  We forgot to wear some red when we went out this morning.  My ancestors would be shocked (555).  At Big C the staff were all wearing some variation on the Chinese theme.  Some shops had matching red dresses for their employees.  

At the mall there was a lot of activity, we don’t know why except that it was a major holiday.  At Starbuck’s the power went out and we had to wait for it to reboot.  It came back on but the register wasn’t working so we just left the money.  Weird.  I am still getting used to seeing whole families hanging out at the mall.  It’s obviously not every family that follows the traditions of family unity and togetherness, but it seems to be very prevalent in regional cultures.  When I was a teenager, if we had malls back then, I wouldn’t have wanted to be seen with my parents.  

Downtown on Tanalai Rd. this afternoon, many shops closed early.  It was eerie to drive down the street and see so many store fronts completely closed off.  We went to The Wanderer for something cool to drink and saw families visiting.  This will be a big ‘dinner night out’ all over Thailand.  

Right around dinner time I heard Natcha call upstairs.  As I got to the landing I heard Neechanon’s little voice calling me.  Now she has my name down perfect.  Lisa said she was pointing upstairs and saying my name, and something else.  She’s also saying Lisa’s name.  We are both in the two syllable club (555).  No more Nee and Ca.  She was walking around with a phone that Natcha has loaded with songs for kids.  Neechanon knows how to scroll to her favorites and sing along.  I managed to catch a photo of her in action.  The second pic is her ‘Playhouse’ with some of her stuff inside.



Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.     Time for the ‘Funnies’.

                      Peace,
                                Danny


No comments: