Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Strength

Hi,

The weather today in Bangkok was warm, but not crazy hot (87F).  There was some humidity in the mix and that made it feel a little hotter than it really was.  

I expected to hear from more of you about this week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song.  I think this will help your memories.
“Wonder this time where she’s gone, wonder if she’s gone to stay.  __ __ __ when she’s gone, and this house just ain’t no home, anytime she goes away.  And I know, I know (repeat 27 more times).  Hey, I ought to leave the young thing alone, but __ __ __ when she’s gone…”  Hint:  The singer needs someone to lean on.

I’m back from my crazy day of flying through the air and riding the rails.  My trip to Bangkok took a bit of doing, but it was a big success.  It started at Chiang Rai International Airport when I discovered that my tickets were for the next day.  They had room on the flights I needed so I had to buy two more tickets.  After an hour in the air, I got lunch in the airport and went searching for the Airport line.  It’s a train that goes from the airport to the city. The beginning of the line is in the basement of the airport.  Even though it’s the beginning of the line, the train was almost full when I got on.  Hmm.  So I stood for the trip to the end of the line, and then transferred to the Skytrain that goes into the heart of the city.  When the doors opened for that one, it was solid people.  I managed to get into a car that had enough room for me to hold onto a pole for half the trip.  The rest of the way I was able to lean on a plastic barrier and relax a bit.

I knew I was getting close to my destination when I saw the big glamor malls like Siam Paragon flying by.  Nana Station is very close to a seedy part of Bangkok nightlife.  In the daytime it’s just busy.  A two block walk and I was at Yoga Elements, where Juan, the Osteopath, conducts his practice.  He treated me for almost 2 hours and taught me some things to do at home.  We talked about aikido practice and he told me he’s been doing it for 15 years.  He began in Spain and he was drawn to Thailand to go deeper into his studies.  He is part of a large community of practitioners.  While we were talking, he was loosening various muscles using a yellow cream with a very distinctive smell.  I left the studio reeking of this stuff, but since it’s widely used in massage therapy, I don’t think I offended anyone (555).  

The reverse trip to the airport was a little better, except when I missed a stop and had to double back.  On the last part, the airport line, I got to sit down.  What a relief.  It was very interesting to be in the giant airport with no luggage.  I could take everything I needed in my ‘everyday’ bag.  The flight home had lots of empty seats, which meant that I had no ‘seat mate’.  Our little airport was very busy when the plane arrived.  There was another group of passengers being directed to the international section as we were herded to the baggage area.  There was a line of traffic waiting to exit the airport.  I’ve never seen that before.  When I got to the main road, all three lights on the traffic signal were lit.  What does one do when confronted with red, yellow and green at the same time?  I crept into the intersection, noticed that the cross-traffic was stopped, and proceeded quickly.  I was on my way home.

I didn’t take any photos on this little trip.  Instead, I leave you with a couple more photos of Neechanon.  The first pic is that joy that little kids get when they discover some simple little thing a toy can do.  The second is a bit of a statement.  That tin holds some little sweet crackers and she likes them.



Have a Happy Tuesday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“It doesn’t take a lot of
strength to hang on.  It takes
a lot of strength to let go.”
~J.C. Watts

No comments: