Monday, November 20, 2017

Forgiveness

Hi,

This weekend the weather was HOT.  Even with morning clouds and the threat of rain it still ended up being very hot and dry.  There is supposed to be something coming from China, but it’s already a day or so late.  We need one good rain to water things and clear the air.

Yes, ‘Old School Friday’ was indeed Elvis Presley singing “Heartbreak Hotel”.  I swear this ‘Easy Monday’ song is easy.  “__ __ __ when she’s gone.  It’s not warm when she’s away.  __ __ __ when she’s gone, and she’s always gone too long, any time she goes away.”  Hint:  See, I told you, easy.

Our weekend was mostly spent around The Big Brown House.  Sunday was the fun day.  After lunch at The Wanderer we were just about to leave when Khun Noot came out from the kitchen.  She and Lisa had a warm greeting and then we asked her about some round loaves of bread on display.  Noot told us it took a total of seven hours to make the bread and it was just flour, water and yeast.  I resisted some interesting looking desserts and we left with the bread.  It is delicious.  We had some with breakfast this morning and with soup at dinner.  I think another loaf is in order.  

Sunday evening we had more visits with our friends at the Night Bazaar.  Some of it was about the weather, but most of it was about the nature of the tourist season.  There seems to be more people at this time, but they just look and leave.  It’s too early to tell, but it’s the first thing the vendors want to talk about.  

The new bus station is in operation to a certain degree.  The buses are now loading in the new station, but the parking structure is still blocked off.  It won’t be long before the whole thing will be running smoothly and Bus Station street will be less congested.  I say that with positive anticipation.

We have been having wonderful visits with Neechanon lately.  She is learning how to play and share and it’s making it so much fun.  Here are some photos from few days ago.  She is such a charmer.



Tomorrow will be a big adventure day for me.  I’m going to fly to Bangkok and get a treatment from Juan, the osteopath.  The work he did a few weeks ago really helped my knees.  I did something that undid what he corrected in my back so I’m going to see him at the studio where he works.  After the flight to BKK I will take the Airport Train into town then transfer to the Skytrain for the final leg of the journey.  I will be a few blocks from the studio and I won’t have to sit in the traffic.  This will be my first solo flight to BKK.  Did you know that it’s also called ‘City of Angels’, just like Los Angeles?  I’ll be back tomorrow night and tell you all about it.

Have a Great Week.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“Forgiveness is a virtue 
of the brave.”
~Indira Gandhi

No comments: