Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Lonely

Hi,

Well, today’s predicted thunder storm never showed up.  It was blazing hot today, under a mostly cloudless sky.  A sprinkle would have felt nice.

I was right!  Many of you did know the ‘Easy Monday’ song.  Here’s more, just in case it’s on the tip of your tongue.
“You must have known that I was lonely, because you came to my rescue.  And I know that this must be heaven, how could so much love be inside of you?  Whoa oh oh oh,  __ __ __ __ __ __ __, yeah, that’s why I’ll always be around…”  Hint: Something about the light from that big ball of fire in the sky.  Some say he’s a natural wonder.

It’s been a very ‘cosmic’ day.  While still grieving the loss of a young friend, an old friend from the past reconnected, and another old friend passed on .  Somewhere in all that, there is balance and peace.

Getting used to the billing procedure with my cellphone carrier is an ongoing process.  Sunday, when I checked to see if I needed to pay something, I was told that I had a large balance.  Everything was OK.  This morning, while talking to a friend in the States, the call suddenly ended and I was told that I had used my allotted time.  This is on a supposed ‘unlimited’ contract.  Back to the mall and they tell me that I haven’t paid a previous bill.  You pay for last month this month or something like that.  Tried to pay everything on the invoice but was told I have to wait to pay for this month.  Breathe.

The long trench down the west side of the yard is now the home of a lot of blue tubing.  It’s about 3” in diameter and it’s quite impressive.  They did some simple, yet complicated moves to determine if there was enough slope to carry the water to the rear wall.  Here’s hoping it all gets tested before they fill in the dirt.  I’m confident that it will work just right.  Now all we need is a big storm in a few days to see if the front lawn drains.  Imagine that, me wishing for a big rain (555).

Today’s photo was taken at Makro.  You just stand there, waiting for the punchline.


Last night we had a visit from our friend Supalak and her son Pete, on their way home from their art supply store. She had a basket of mangos for us.  Half of them were green (sour) mangos and the others were the yellow (sweet) type.  I’m a yellow mango man.  The greens were gifted to Natcha and Cat.  One never knows what surprises life has to offer.  

Tonight we had dinner at The Wanderer, with Cat and Rachel.  Rachel is the president of The Freedom Story (formerly The Sold Project).  As always, we had a fun dinner with a little serious talk just for good measure.  Cat will be staying with Rachel on her trip to America this summer.  Needless to say, she’s getting very excited.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“Do not feel lonely,
the entire universe is
inside you.”
~Rumi

No comments: