Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Wish

Hi,

Nothing new to report on the weather front, except that it almost looked like rain.  There were clouds but they weren’t really rain clouds, and the breeze was warm.  Maybe tomorrow.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Misty” as sung by Johnny Mathis.  There were many beautiful readings of this song.  Now it’s time to get a little crazy with a song that dates back to 1958, but still has that ‘Zany Day’ zing.
“__ __, I was takin’ a bath, long about a Saturday night, yeah.  A-rub dub, just relaxing in the tub thinking everything was alright.  Well, I stepped out the tub put my feet on the floor, I wrapped the towel around me and I opened the door and then __ __, I jumped back in the bath.  Well, how was I to know there was a party goin’ on?”
Hint:  This oldie was a big radio hit for an artist who really wanted to be a lounge singer.  The two word title is something that kids do in water.

This morning we went down the highway to the store where we got the tile for the pool.  While searching for something that would compliment the new tile around the water, the lights went out.  I just figured the store had overloaded a circuit.  Then Natcha called a little later to say that the power was out at the house.  Hmm.  Much later, there was an article in the Chiang Rai Times stating that there was a massive outage covering four provinces.  In our area it didn’t last too long.  Eventually, we found a tile that will look great on our patio.

Yesterday we made a little run to the mall.  One of the things on our list was a special ‘water wing’ device that our friend Sandy told us about.  At Robinson, the major department store, they didn’t have it, but they did have lots of pool toys and water accessories.  We came home with a floatation device for toddlers.  

Today’s photo was taken in our back garden.  It’s the first Gardenia of the season.


We have been rather focused on getting the pool completed and I lost a bit of perspective.  During these hot days, we could have gone down to the river, like so many people do.  What was I thinking (555)?  I was reminded of this the other day as we crossed over the bridge and saw 4 young women posing for a photo in their wet clothes.  Most river swimming is done fully clothed.  They sell swim-wear in the stores but I think it’s reserved for pool use.  I have yet to see people in the river in swimsuits.  There is a strong tradition of modesty here.

This feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                    Peace,
                              Danny

“What we wish, we readily
believe, and what we ourselves
think, we imagine others think also.”
~Julius Caesar

No comments: