Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Treasures

Hi,

There was a forecast for rain today.  For a while we didn’t believe them…then the clouds came…then the storm came in two big waves.  It was some of the heaviest rain this year, and we got to watch the whole show.  

This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song is pretty high up on the ‘memory list’.  Just in case you missed it, here’s more:
“I’ll pretend that I’m kissing the lips I am missing, and hope that my dreams will come true.  And then while I’m away I’ll write home every day.  And I’ll send __ __ __ to you.”  Hint:  Judging by the response so far, you don’t need any hints.

It’s a very odd feeling when you arrive at Big C before the doors open.  For some reason I thought they opened at 8:30am, but it’s 9, which meant we had to sit in the van, listen to music and watch the people who were also early.  Entering the building, the first thing that hit us was the smell of fish in the food-court.  It was not a pleasant smell at that time of morning.  We had a pretty clear path to everything we needed and that was fun.  

Yesterday’s trip to the nursery was incomplete and we needed to get more plants for the garden, and some stone slabs to put under the tiny elephants.  After dropping off the groceries it was off to the nursery.  Lisa found more beautiful flowering plants and we picked two irregular shaped pieces for our little ‘pets’.  In an unprecedented bit of bravery, we drove to the talat to check on some sewing.  The lucky parking place meant that we’d be diving into the hustle-bustle of the market.  After holding our breath past the shrimp table, we made it off the main aisle and clean air.  We have to return tomorrow with more material before the work can be completed.  The market seems to be calling us more lately.  

Today’s photo was taken at the nursery.  I have never seen bamboo displayed like this, but it’s interesting.  I’m guessing the red paint is to keep the stalks from growing.  I will search for a deeper explanation (555).   


For those of you in the U.S., this is a special day.  Some of you voted early, others will vote today.  Cherish the privilege.  We get to vote from here, but only for the President and a Senate seat.  Ahh, the life of an expat, no propositions to ponder.  I trust you will carry on and keep the place running smoothly (555).

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“I have just three things to teach:
Simplicity, patience, compassion.  
These three are your greatest treasures.”
~Lao Tzu

No comments: