Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Roots

Hi,

Last night, after I sent the message into the world, it began to rain, and it rained all night.  We got the whole show.  This afternoon it happened again.  I’d say the weather is trying to make up for the gaps in the season.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was easy for a bunch of you.  Here’s a segment of lyrics that should give you a big help.
“If you drive a car, I’ll __ the street.  If you try to sit, I’ll __ your seat.  If you get too cold, I’ll __ the heat.  If you take a walk, I’ll __ your feet.  ‘Cause I’m the __ yeah, I’m the __, and you’re working for no one but me.”  Clue:
The title is a two syllable word.  Some of today’s blanks are the first of the two syllables.  Easy huh?  (555).

Today was one of those days we spent behind the walls.  It was good to relax and catch up on some ‘news’.  There is a lot going on out there in the world.  We try to stay away from the negative drama, but be aware of important things.  

In a town like Chiang Rai, it appears that daily life is not being affected by the headlines of the region.  All the monetary dramas, coups and calamities all seem so far away.  There is a daily process that continues out of necessity and I suppose it’s the same in most small towns and cities.  There are folks with big ambitions, and those who are happy with the circle of life they have always known.  It comes down to being happy with what one has.  Living around so many farmers and ‘micro’ businesses has taught us lessons on relativity.  

This afternoon, after the main part of the storm, I went out and took a photo of the baby banana tree across the road.  Ahh, the persistence of nature.


Khun Nung came over today and fixed a few things.  Once again, he knew how to take care of some things that might have left me scratching my head.  It’s so cool when he enters the house and asks, ‘How can I help you?’.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“The roots of all goodness 
lie in the soil of appreciation
for goodness.”
~The Dalai Lama

No comments: