Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Regular

Hi,

We got a new forecast today.  It called for ‘Drenching Rain’.  Hmm, interesting, but it never happened.  Just what does that mean?  We did have a light shower around lunch time, but that was it.  Maybe tomorrow we’ll get drenched.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Ooh Baby, Baby” by The Miracles.  ‘Zany Day’ is next with a real live ‘dance’ tune:
“(Spoken) You broke my heart, ‘cause I couldn’t dance.  You didn’t even want me around, and now I’m back, to let you know, I can really shake’em down.  __ __ __ __? (I can really move) __ __ __ __? (I’m in the groove)….”  Clue:  He learned to dance to win her love?  The group name is synonymous with shape.  

Even though we had a long list of things to do in the street, we stayed home today.  This afternoon we got our yard ‘touch up’ and it looks pretty good.  When I took Daku out, he didn’t think it looked good at all.  He’s like, ‘Where’s my munching grass?’.  

We recently learned something about driving in Thailand that we weren’t aware of, at least we’d never seen it written down.  I have fussed about people turning in front of me when the light turns green.  Well, the rule of thumb is, when someone is in a hurry, it’s acceptable.  What?  So, does that mean that the line of 6 cars that turned in front of me the other day were all in a hurry?  I think not.  One must go to the ‘Happy Place’ quite often.

The field next to us has another crop of corn sprouting up from the earth.  I guess the extended ‘rainy’ season offers an opportunity to do a little more absentee farming.  Basically it’s plant the corn, walk away, spray for bugs, walk away, pick most of the corn and then plow the rest.  The couple with the farm behind us just finished cleaning up from their corn harvest.  Unfortunately, they chose to burn the waste today.  I wonder if it’s time for them to start with their vegetable farm again.  

Based on the amount of vegetables we consume in a week, the thought entered my mind to grow some of our food.  Well, that was a flight of fancy.  If we were truly going to become self-sufficient we’d need several plots for veggies, three or four laying hens, and someone to maintain if all.  It did give me another idea though.  In some neighborhoods there are trucks that visit daily with various foods.  I have seen a vegetable truck, a fish truck and a meat truck.  They pull up to the house, ring a bell or sound a unique horn and their customers come out to the street and get what they need.  If we could find someone in our area that could come by several times a week it would be pretty cool.  The ‘chain of custody’, as Blue calls it, would hopefully be pretty short.  If they get it from the farmers, then that would be perfect.  

Today’s photo shows some of the hand-sewn garlands in the flower market, up close.  


Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

              Peace,
                        Danny

“We must overcome the notion that
we must be regular… it robs us of the chance
to be extraordinary and leads us to the mediocre.”
~Uta Hagen

No comments: