Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Treat


Hi,

The storm has finally left us.  We had a day without rain.  There was some blue sky in the afternoon when our guests arrived.  A good sign.

Only one person knew the 'Easy Monday' song.  There's still time to write and tell me you know the answer:
"There will be another song for me, for I will sing it.  There will be another dream for me, someone will bring it.  I will drink the wine while it is warm and never let you catch me looking at the sun.  And after all the loves of my life, after all the loves of my life... I'll be thinking of you, and wondering why."  Clue:  It's a place, an expanse of green grass and trees with a small lake, in the middle of Los Angeles.  Two words.

This morning we went into town for a few things.  While double-parked on Bus Station Street I noticed a Samlor coming down the street.  The passenger was a young Thai woman using a tablet type device.  They went by too quickly for me to get a photo, but the contrast was very interesting.  A three-wheeled taxi powered by a person carrying another person using a digital instrument.  Amazing.

Chiang Rai United Footbal Club has a new motto:  'Once you're an Orange, Always an Orange'.  The team's colors are orange, black and white.  Go team.

Through the magic of texting, Bruce let me know that their plane would be late coming to Chiang Rai.  When I arrived at the airport I got a big surprise.  The parking lot was full.  I have never seen the lot full.  After three times through the aisles I saw someone backing out of a spot.  Inside the terminal the arrival board showed three flights landing within the next hour.  We now have more airlines, more flights and that means more cars in the lot.  The place is growing up.  

Bruce and Danielle had only been in Thailand for one whole day so Mr. Lag was still lurking.  When we got to the house the dogs were very interested in meeting them.  One at a time we introduced them and everyone became fast friends.  After a tour of the house and a light snack we walked around the yard and just hung out on the patio.  During our garden appreciation I noticed that the 'pod' on the banana tree was starting to open.  We looked under one of the leaves of the pod and discovered tiny little baby bananas.  Who knew?  This photo tells the story.

                                Banana Babies

This evening we went to the Night Bazaar for dinner.  We hadn't been in a long time so it was a fun time for all of us.  We didn't try to do it all on the first night, there's just too much to absorb.  During dinner we went over a list of possible things to do while they're here.  It looks like we'll be seeing and doing a lot of cool things this week.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                   Peace,
                              Danny

"Treat those who are good with goodness,
and also treat those who are not good with goodness.
Thus goodness is attained.

Be honest to those who are honest,
and be also honest to those who are not honest.
Thus honesty is attained."
~Lao-Tzu

No comments: