Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday Funnies


Hi,

The March haze is here along with the hot days and cool nights.  We got word on the car and the sewer, have dinner with friends, and saw the Space Station fly over.  

The 'Zany Day' song was "Yellow Submarine" by The Beatles.  Time for 'Old School Friday' and we go way back:
"Fine little girl she waits for me.  Me catch the ship for cross the sea.  Me sail the ship all alone.  Me never think me make it home.  __, __, oh, oh, me gotta go.  __, __, oh, oh, me gotta go...."  Hint:  Clearly about a sailor who is trying to get home.   If you do not know the original artist, don't even mention anybody.  If you're sure about the title, just send that.   Big Hint: The title is someone's name.

This morning we went to 'Healthy Market' for veggies and fruit.  As I went down an aisle to order our fish, a vendor asked me if I was shopping alone today.  I smiled and pointed to Lisa and we shared a little laugh.  We have become familiar faces and they always see us together.  When it first happened a long time ago, I didn't know how to take it, but now I understand and it's cool.  While we were parking I noticed the logo for a restaurant on a truck and couldn't resist taking this photo:


Our dealings with the kitchen sewer have continued.  We thought the problem was solved but after a long conversation with the engineer of the house, we understand that a new tank must be built.  The city is in the process of creating a 'real' sewage system but in the meantime, our new addition should take care of it.  

Next week our little car will go into the shop for what is sure to be an extended stay.  We're slowly getting used to the Honda and today I decided to take advantage of one of its tech perks.  It doesn't have a CD player, just a plug for a USB memory stick.  I loaded a bunch of songs on a stick and now we're rolling with some of our favorite tunes.  

This evening we went to NorThai for dinner with Jose and Monique, an American couple who teach here.  Near the end of dinner we ran outside to watch the Space Station making an orbital pass over our region.  They had never seen it and though we've seen it once, it's still amazing.  As it sped across the sky I tried to visualize the people floating inside.  Hmm.  After dinner we went upstairs to see the gift shop, then upstairs to the gallery, and then one more flight to see a lamp and art display.  NorThai is a cool place to visit.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.            Time to laugh.

                    Peace,
                               Danny


No comments: