Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Today was another odds and ends day, hiding from the smog.  Did the usual: morning in the street, afternoon at home.  Now we begin our gigantic weekend of social events with tonight's wine/sprite-tasting at Le Meridien Resort.

The 'Zany Day' song was "Ode To Billy Joe" by Bobbie Gentry.  As for what was thrown from the bridge, it's still a mystery.  It's no mystery that the next song is an 'Old School Friday' tune, from a singer who doesn't want to be a distant lover.  "I try to put my arms around you, all because I wanna (I wanna) hold you tight.  But every time I reach for you baby, try to kiss you you just jump clean out of sight.  Whoa, I got news for you, baby now I've made plans for two.  I guess I'm just a __ __ __ __ got my mind made up to love you."  Hint:  The title is the singer's description of himself.  

Yesterday, while we were at Art Bridge, I took this photo of the area that will be a restaurant.  It looks out over a bend in the river and has a very peaceful vibe.  When it's done you'll get an updated view.


     River Dining Coming Soon

There are two things that have been happening in and around the Big Brown House that I must share.  The 'Night Blooming Jasmine' have started doing their thing and it makes you want to just sit outside in the moonlight and breathe deeply.  If the air wasn't so bad it might happen.  The second thing happens in the morning.  At 6:30am we hear music from the temple.  Sometimes it's chants set to modern production, sometimes it's just the monks.  Other days it sounds like folk music, but it's always a nice presence when I take the dogs out.  

After a couple of stops this morning, we have finally arrived at our weekend wardrobes for the big events on Saturday.  The wine-tasting this evening is a simple matter of casual-chic, but tomorrow's Art Bridge opening suggests Lana style attire.  That was the thing that was driving us to find 'happiness'.  One just doesn't put on square clothes to attend a hip event.  (555)  I think we'll look Lana enough, with a little style.  The fashion show in the evening is not as fussy, but you still have to dress like you know what you're doing (555).  It's fun having these little challenges from time to time.  Makes life interesting.  I'll be sure to take lots of photos, and have some taken of us.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   Now it's time for a 'Funny'

                Peace,
                           Danny


No comments: