Thursday, February 3, 2011

Start

Hi,

"Sawat Dee Pee Mai". That's 'Happy New Year' in Thai. That was the greeting around town all day. We spent the morning delivering posters, and catalogues to various friends. We also got a false start from the garden crew.

I'm a little surprised that more of you don't recognize this song. The album it's from was a semi-concept piece.
"Me used to be angry young man, me hiding me head in the sand. You gave me the word, I finally heard, I'm doing the best that I can. To admit it's __ __, a little __ all the time...since you've been mine." Hint: The group is often referred to as the 'Fab Four', and the album cover featured a host of celebrities. Hmm.

Our first stop this morning was Doi Chaang Coffee. We gave a poster to Khun Newt and she said she'd post it in a prominent place. Then we went down to the 'Tractor Store' for a visit with Jen and Pui. We had a fun visit and they came up with places where we should place the posters. They got very enthusiastic about the whole thing. It's wonderful how our friends are willing to help with the promotion of the show.

In the afternoon we went to 9 Art Gallery to pick up the invitations that were printed. Jaffee met us there and we discussed the writing of the press release, and the comments for the Governor. Khun Nine is going to help with all that. The invitations will go out to the gallery's mailing list, and will be placed in shops and restaurants around town. This evening I stopped by Doi Chaang to drop some off and saw the poster hanging in the window. Things are really taking shape.

While I was setting up the fittings for my new 'hose project', I heard voices on the other side of the wall. It was Khun Kek and his garden crew. I was under the impression that they were coming on Friday, but we let them in and they began work. A bit later we noticed that we didn't see anyone in the yard. All their stuff was gone and we realized that they had the day wrong and just left. Oh my. Guess we'll see them tomorrow.

Tomorrow we'll hit the street again on the promotion trail. Many shops were closed today because of the New Year. It's quiet tonight at the festival grounds, but a friend told me there's a big disco party at the Old Airport. Rock On.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"When you start being good to yourself,
You start feeling good about yourself."
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: