Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Felt

Hi,

We had another very hot, muggy day today.  There was a 100% chance of rain, but it didn’t happen.  Not that we need more, but it’s nice in steady doses.  We did get some strong wind for a brief time.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Long Tall Sally” by Little Richard.  I have some fond memories of Little Richard from when I was a teenager and he was just taking off as a star.  I’ll tell you about it later.  Now it’s time for a ‘Zany Day’ song: “Every time I think that I’m the only one who’s lonely someone calls on me.  And every now and then I spend my time in rhyme and verse and curse those faults in me.  And then __ __ __, and does she want to give me kicks, and be my steady chick and give me pick of memories.  Or maybe rather gather tales of all the fails and tribulations no one every sees.  When we met I was sure out to lunch.  Now my empty cup tastes as sweet as a punch.”  Hint:  Hmm, another three word title with a woman’s name in it.  It’s sung by a six man vocal group in suits.

This morning we hung out on the porch with JaiDee and watched him shred some palm tree husks.  He got a little upset with us when he realized he wasn’t going with us on our morning trip.  We were going to the bank and Big C and neither place is quite ready for him (555).  The heat makes it difficult to take JaiDee for walks during the daytime, and even evening walks are rather warm these days.  Tonight we took him to the walking place and Lisa walked him for about 10 minutes.  When we got home he wasn’t done with his exercise so he played on the front lawn.  Natcha came over later and took him back out and got him to run.  When he returned, he was ready for sleep.  Yea, Natcha.

Here is a link to an article sent to me by my brother Denny.  https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/little-richard-founding-father-rock-133000796.html  We saw Little Richard when he headlined an R&B Revue at the Shrine Auditorium in 1958.  Back then, there would be a ton of bands and vocal groups on the bill.  You really got your money’s worth.  It was Denny’s 10th birthday and after the show we went to Dolphin’s of Hollywood to see Huggy Boy, a disc jockey we heard on the radio at night.  There, on the corner of Vernon and Central in the heart of Los Angeles, this guy sat in a glass booth, spinning records and taking requests.  It was one of the biggest thrills of that era, to see him doing his thing.  Many years later, Lisa and I saw Little Richard in Las Vegas, in a tiny daytime show that was outrageous.  Occasionally, I’d see him in Hollywood during the 60’s either entering or exiting a limo someplace.  Let the good times roll.

Today’s photo is one of several benches scattered around Chivit Thamma Da.  Social distancing at it simplest.


It feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                         Peace,
                                   Danny

“I did what I felt, and felt what I did, 
at all costs.”
~Little Richard

No comments: