Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Line

Hi,

Our weather today was pretty close to the same as yesterday.  What’s weird is the cold morning, then it jumps to very hot for the day.  

I forgot to tell you all that today is my birthday.  I am now 77 years old and could be rich if I could find the right lottery ticket (555).  In a land full of superstitions, I’m sure this number has to mean something.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “One Night In Bangkok”, by Murray Head.  It’s about a chess tournament.  Time for a ‘Zany Day’ song from 1988:  “I’m not aware of too many things, I know what I know, if you know what I mean.  Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box, religion is the smile on a dog.  I’m not aware of too many things, I know what I know, if you know what I mean, d-doo yeah.  Shove me in the shallow waters before I get too deep.  __ __ __ is __ __ __.  Are you what you are or what?…”  Hint:  The title is a declaration of the essence of the singer.  Hmm.

We began our day with a visit to The Wanderer, taking JaiDee with us.  We met our friend John there and JaiDee was thrilled to see him.  He was beside himself for a few minutes.  JaiDee hadn’t been to The Wanderer in a few weeks and that added to the excitement.  His doggie friends were in their yard and couldn’t come out, so they barked a lot.  How frustrating.  We did our usual thing of covering lots of subjects, filling them with laughter.  At one point, Kwan came towards the table with a piece of chocolate cake with a candle burning on top.  What a surprise.  She sang, I blew out the candle and the three of us devoured the cake.  That’s what I call celebrating.


After the cake, we took JaiDee home and went to Central Plaza Mall for lunch.  They have a dish that’s close to being appropriate for our Maw Dang diet.  We were a bit surprised to see so much activity in the mall on a Wednesday at lunch time, but there it was.  People moving about, lots of traffic on the main floor, and a bunch of school kids cruising back and forth.  I went to the Apple Store to see if there was something of interest.  There was, but not what we had in mind (555).  A new laptop, watch, etc. were all way over budget.  Next stop, the hunt for an extra large suitcase to carry Lisa's artwork to Bangkok next month.  There was nothing at any of the outlets that came close.  We now have to be creative and look for alternate methods.  

We spent the early evening at the Night Bazaar, starting with dinner at Sawadee Restaurant.  We hadn’t seen them in weeks so there were lots of questions.  Were we OK?  Had we been traveling?  It’s touching that they were concerned.  Dinner was excellent and afterwards we browsed, or should I say shopped.  There was a stall selling simple versions of the Japanese Yukata, a casual version of the Kimono.  I ended up with three.  

A few minutes ago we got a visit from Nitchanan and Natcha.  Nitchanan raced into the room and presented me with a folded piece of fabric.  It was a beautiful floral shirt that Gong had picked out.  The perfect end to a perfect day.  

Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny 

“There’s a fine line between fishing
and just standing on the shore like
an idiot.”
~Steven Wright

No comments: