Friday, March 8, 2019

Friday Funnies


Hi,

It is still very dry here.  I understand that it is still very wet where some of you are, and very cold for others.  A little moisture and a little coolness would be deeply appreciated.  Donations accepted throughout the weekend.

That pesky ‘Zany Day’ song that nobody knew was, “Have Mercy” by The Rolling Stones.  Oh well, moving on to the ‘Old School Friday’ song.  I hope this one is easy:  “Darling __ __ __, I know __ __ __, darling __ __ __ honest you do, honest you do, honest you do, whoa.  You thrill me, I know you, you, you thrill me.  Darling you, you, you thrill me.  Honest you do.  At first I thought it was infatuation.  But wooh, it’s lasted so long.  Now I find myself wanting to marry you and take you home, whoa, __ __ __, I know __ __ __… Honest you do."

Today’s plan was to go to Big C for a few things, and then stop by Starbuck’s at the mall for coffee.  I spaced out on the highway and missed the Big C exit.  That meant we’d do coffee first.  The mall wasn’t open and the Starbuck’s parking spaces were full, but a young guard helped us by moving a barrier.  As we walked up the ramp to the mall, I spotted a lizard in our path.  Of course, I had to stop and take a photo.  As we left the lizard, who was sunning, a truck came up the ramp.  The driver saw the lizard and took great pains to miss him.  Yea.

I call this one “Mall Lizard”.


At Big C, the chicken sausage lady asked about Nitchanan and proceeded to give us two balloon art creations.  The ‘few things’ we went to pick up turned into a basket of groceries.  It was a good day.  When we got home, Gong and Nitchanan came out to help with the bags.  When I handed Nitchanan the balloons, her face lit up and she shouted ‘Balloons’ to her dad.  He finally got her to calm down enough to thank me, and then Lisa.  She’s been sick, and they were a perfect distraction.  Later, she and her cousin, Gop, played in the yard with the balloons.  See, they do have a healing property.

A few months ago, a group of college students from Singapore visited Cat’s university.  They were studying the same major and Cat made friends with them.  They decided they wanted to return to Thailand on their own and this weekend they will arrive.  There are three young women and one young man.  Notice that I’m giving them maturity ‘credits’ in advance (555).  They will leave their bags at our house and then go to Chiang Mai for the weekend.  They will return here on Tuesday for two nights.  This should be interesting.  We’re letting Cat and her friends figure out what they will be doing.  It will be a good learning experience.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.                 Stay for the ‘Funnies’.

                       Peace,
                                 Danny


No comments: