Thursday, August 16, 2018

Diversity

Hi,

The wet weather took a break today.  I guess yesterday’s storms emptied the tank (555).  There was a hint of something that didn’t materialize and that made me happy.  The morning was cool and that was also nice.

Looks like a few of you are familiar with the ‘Zany Day’ song.  There’s a lot more zany where that came from:
“Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down.  Letting the days go by, water flowing underground.  Into the blue again, after the money’s gone.  __ __ __ __, water flowing underground.  And you may ask  yourself, how do I work this?  And you may ask yourself, where is that large automobile?  And you may tell yourself, this is not my beautiful house! and you may tell yourself, this is not my beautiful wife!  Letting the days go by…. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was….”  Clue:  Group name comes from a term once used to describe TV newscasters and pundits.  As for the meaning of the song, well, you’ll have to look it up when you learn the title (55).

This morning as we were leaving for Big C, the dog trainer arrived to take Gong and Chopper for some exercise.  They went somewhere for a run.  Huskies need lots of exercise, but only after their bones have matured.  We’re hoping to convey this to everyone concerned.  Right now he needs some moderate activity besides running around the yard with the head of a mop in his mouth (55).  I spotted him this morning, having a ball, running with his ‘prey’.  Somehow he had disconnected the head from the handle.  This is a clever dog, not to be underestimated.

After our routine shopping at Big C, we went to Starbuck’s for coffee.  I am slowly being seduced by the idea of paying for things with my phone.  Sounds crazy on the surface, but after a couple of years of watching people pay for their coffee without pulling out cash, the idea appeals to me.  It involves an ‘app’ and how hard could it be?  There have been loads of science fiction movies and TV shows where ‘credits’ were the form of payment.  One device covers every possible transaction.  Next thing you know we’ll have flying cars.  Oh wait, that’s happening.  Hmm.  The powers that be in Thailand are encouraging the use of digital payments, but not the flying cars.

Today’s photo was taken at the building construction store owned by the family of our friend Atom.  I’m not sure what the background is on these two hugging figures, but I’ll find out and pass it on.  I’m sure it’s fascinating mythology of some kind.


This evening Nitchanan called us for dinner.  As I was going down the stairs her dad apparently told her she had to go.  This pushed the ‘melt down’ button, he set her down and when I ask her what was wrong she stopped screaming, looked at me and jumped up and went to the dinner table.  She ended up sitting with us and eating a tiny bit of food.  It’s a new pattern in her life and it was about to be disrupted.  She was determined to have dinner with us, in some form.  Growing up.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“Diversity: the art of thinking
independently together.”
~Malcolm Forbes

No comments: