Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wisdom

Hi,

Chiang Rai weather was very pleasant today.  Cool morning with heat in the afternoon.  I wouldn’t mind if it stayed like this if the overnight temps came up a bit so the pool could warm up.  More on that later.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” as sung by Frank Sinatra.  If you think that’s old, this ‘Zany Day’ song goes back even farther, but I couldn’t resist.  “Oh me, oh my, oh you, I don’t know what to do.  Hallelujah, the question is peculiar.  It’s got me on the go, I’d give a lot of dough if someone here would tell me, is it yes or is it no?  __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __?  If you chew it in the morning, will it be too hard to bite?  Can’t you see I’m going crazy, won’t somebody put me right?  __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __?”  This song has to do with the storage of an item and it’s condition after said storage.  Hmm, pretty zany song even if you don’t get the title.

This morning we did some errands in town.  After a brief visit with our friend Chalit at his photography studio we went to the bank.  I never would have imagined that we would be dealing with the ins and outs of international banking.  Sounds so 1%, but when you think about it, a lot of people have to do it.  It’s really not so bad as long as everything is done correctly.  

Today’s photo was actually taken on Sunday when we stopped by the Healthy Market.  The power was out, we think because of some work on the power poles outside.  Vendors were working by candlelight and life continued.  In the photo, the woman is chopping small chilis.


We are in that time of year (February and March) when the burning begins.  When we were flying home we could see evidence of burning from above.  The haze over part of Chiang Rai was not good.  So far, it hasn’t been bad around our area.  Since we deal with a certain amount of trash burning most of the year, we are prepared for the worst.  It’s a matter of closing the windows and turning on the air filters.  I have noticed that a lot more motorbike riders are wearing masks since they never know when they will encounter stinky air.  There are several movements around the country to try and put an end to it, but it’s such an ingrained tradition that it may take a long time. 

For several weeks our pool has been empty.  The grouting needs to be replaced and we’re waiting for a crew that can do the job right.  It may get fixed soon and dreams of swimming can begin.

It feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“Wisdom is the daughter 
of experience.”
~Leonardo Da Vinci

No comments: