Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Funnies

Hi,

The weather in Pattaya is very warm and very humid. There have been forecasts of showers, but there’s no way to really judge the sky down here.  

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “White Rabbit” by Jefferson Airplane.  It’s ‘Old School Friday’ time once again.  
“__ __ my love has come along.  My lonely days are over, and life is like a song.  __ __ the skies above are blue, my heart was wrapped in clover the night I looked at you.  I found a dream, that I could speak to.  A dream that I can call my own.  I found a thrill to press my cheek to, a thrill that I have never known, __ __.”  Clue:  This song was the signature tune for a famous blues singer.  

I spent the greater part of today chairing a committee meeting.  We got a lot of work done and accomplished our goals.  Now I’m beat.  While I was doing that, Lisa went for a swim in the hotel pool.  The water was cold but she swam anyway.  Because of the remoteness of the hotel, many people spend the day here.  It’s almost like a cruise ship, seeing the same people during the day in different places on the property.  The dining room staff seem to have very familiar relationships with some of the guests.  

This morning I needed copies made of the meeting agenda.  We asked one of the drivers in front of the hotel and he said he would take care of it.  He picked up some guests and drove away.  Later, while I was waiting in the lobby, a hotel staff guy brought me the copies, collated and stapled.  That was pretty cool.

Today’s photos are from Pattaya.  The first one is the old train going through town.  The second is a shot of me with a few of my new ‘friends’ (555) on the hotel grounds.



There is something about old hotels that make them both charming and aggravating.  The charm is in the little decorating touches and architectural twists and turn.  Then there are the things in old hotels that are just old and don’t quite work well in this modern world.  Our room has one working wall socket.  There is a socket in the bathroom, but it’s designed for ‘shavers only’.  It must be for antique shavers because the plug spacing is very odd.  There are no overhead lights in the room, and the existing lights are all soft.  Not conducive to reading or drawing; just setting a mood.  While the view is spectacular, in one review of the place someone wrote, “This may be the only hotel in Thailand with no free wifi”.  Oh well.  Sunday we will be back home with our wifi and Daku.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.        It’s time for the ‘Funnies’.

                Peace,
                          Danny


No comments: