Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Breathing

Hi,

Life is certainly full of natural 'events' here in Chiang Rai.  Last night we had another earthquake.  Today we're currently on our second storm.  Southern California sounds real good about now.

Well, I was expecting more of you to remember this sultry tune about a player.  There is a term used for silk.  Hmm.
"Coast to coast, L.A. to Chicago, Western male.  Across the North and South, to Key Largo, love for sale.  Face to face, each classic case, we shadow box and double cross, yet need the chase... No need to ask, he's a __ __ (x3)."
Hint:  It's by a singer with one name.  

With thunder pounding the night sky, BamBam curled up next to me, I'm trying to concentrate on too many things at once.  The obvious part of the packing is almost done, but there are all those little things that need to be remembered.  

This morning I sat in the little waiting room at the Suzuki dealer while our Ertiga got it's 6 month service.  Morning TV can be interesting, even without knowing what's being said.  I saw news briefs that included a clip of the Royal Thai Police showing things they had confiscated from bad guys, there were yoga stretches, cooking tips, and some really goofy comedy complete with sound-effects.  One of my favorites was a short little show that has been going for years.  In today's episode two young people are in love, but their families are about to go to war about it.  All of a sudden everyone was flung at the feet of a monk.  He listened to them yell at each other, raised his hand and offered some words of wisdom and everyone humbly understood.  There are several shows like this, intended to keep people focused on their spiritual lives.  

Last week I mentioned the tiny pineapples that our friend Khun Gahn grows on her farm.  Today we were back at her house and she had some for sale so I took a photo so you could see them.


This afternoon I got a new mouth, in a manner of speaking.  Dr. Upra had my new bridge ready in time for our trip.  After some work at getting things to line up, I left with more teeth than I walked in with.  Chewing is a pretty important part of life, and now it's fun again.  (555)

Tomorrow morning we fly to Bangkok.  We will have seven hours in the airport before departing for America by way of a layover in Hong Kong.  It's too bad we won't be able to see the city, only the airport.  We will arrive at LAX on the night of the same day we left, only a day later.  Yeah, I know.  I will try to write to you from Hong Kong, so don't be surprised if the timing is weird.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

              Peace,
                        Danny

"Music to me is like breathing.
I don't get tired of breathing,
I don't get tired of music."
~Ray Charles

No comments: