Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Virtue


Hi,

The temperature in Chiang Rai seems to like to hover around 100 F these days.  Afternoon winds blow clouds across the sun and tease us with the hope of rain, then drift away.  That pretty much sums up the weather this week and probably until the end of the month.  This is the driest April we've seen.  

Once again, day two brought some responses to the 'Easy Monday' song.  It was "Smooth" by Carlos Santana (& Friends).  Now it's time to get a little crazy and I've got just the tune to do it:  "Hey sister, go sister, soul sister, sister flow (repeat).  He met __ down in Old New Orleans, struttin' her stuff on the street.  She said, 'Hello, hey Joe, you wanna give it a go?' oh.  Gitchi gitchi ya ya ta ta, gitchi gitchi ya ya here.  Mocha choca lata ya ya.  Creole __ __."  Hint: Zany and Easy.  Two word title that could be considered a name, or a title.

Today was my day for a massage from Khun Joy.  When 'swimming season' begins I always get lots of comments from Joy about how tight certain muscles are.  It comes with the territory.  She exclaims and then digs in. I grit my teeth and sometimes have to stop her.  It's as if the offending muscle is an adversary that must be conquered.  (555)  There is a funny thing about going to the same person as your friends:  There is no confidentiality at all.  I hear funny anicdotes about friends, in very broken English, that make us laugh.  Nothing really private, but it's just funny that it seems OK to share stuff from client to client.  Today she was sure I would go home and go to sleep.  I didn't but I wanted to.

When I went down to make our afternoon coffee I heard the sound of a cat.  The neighbors had a cat and I figured it was coming from next door.  Then it seemed louder so I opened the carport door and there sat a tiny little kitten.  It climbed up on the step and looked at me.  "Oh my, you can't come in here."  I tried to explain that I'm allergic and we have two cat hunters, but it just looked at me the way kittens do.  Lisa put him in the yard next door but I think it came back.  Hmm.

The hot weather has brought the kids back to the pool.  Kwang came to work this afternoon with one daughter, and by the time we got out of the pool, there were three more ready to swim.  They played in the pool for about an hour.  Lisa took the dogs out and Daku played catch with a little boy, sort of.  Daku showed an interest in the Frisbee so we'll start to introduce it into his play.  That would be cool if he could catch it from a distance.  

At the beginning of Songkran I told you about a parade that passed us, headed out of town to the countryside.  We still don't know what it was about, but here is a wildly decorated farm truck to give you the flavor of it all.

              A Songkran 'Float' headed for the country

Now that Songkran is over and the rain is in the distance we can get the car washed.  Tomorrow will be a day of running around town without the fear of getting ambushed by a water mob.

It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

                    Peace,
                               Danny

"He who possess virtue in abundance 
may be compared to an infant."
~Lao Tzu

No comments: