Thursday, April 7, 2011

Part

Hi,

Chiang Rai had a hot, overcast day that ended in rain in parts of town this evening. We went to the market this morning, had lunch in town with a friend, and the pool is getting warmer.

Well, it looks like a few of you remembered this tune. The 'Summer of Love' brought us some deep thoughts.
"My faith was so much stronger then. I believed in my fellow men. I was really so much older then, __ __ __ __."
Hint: What's the opposite of old? This group did not want to be misunderstood, even though they acted like animals.

We hadn't been to the market lately, but we needed some material for another 'bed cover' for the dogs. After getting the perfect parking place next to the entrance we strolled into the main aisle just to look around. There were lots of people at the gold counter, buying gifts for the Songkran holiday. There seemed to be a lot of activity in general. We found the material we were looking for and now we have to take it out to Khun Gahn for sewing.

Our lunch date was with our good friend Atom. We picked her up at work and went to the Vietnamese restaurant that we like. It was a fun time catching up on things in our lives. The restaurant is operated by an artist we know.

This afternoon I drove out to the New Life Foundation. On my way home, as I passed through a village, there was a bunch of kids already throwing water on cars in the Songkran tradition. They were a little early but it was a hot day.

I went into town this evening just as we heard thunder in the distance. There were a few drops on the windshield, but not really rain. An hour later I called Lisa to say I was coming home. She told me there had been a brief, intense downpour. The car was wet but the ground was dry. Two blocks north the street was wet. The rain just fell in selected places. What?

Today the pool was up to 82 degrees. The water level is down just a little bit. Maybe tomorrow we'll stick our toes in the water and go for a swim.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"I am part of all that I have met."
~Ulysses, from Homer's 'Odyssey'

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: