Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Vision

Hi,

We've had some very 'friendly' weather today for our road trip. Chiang Mai is as busy as I remember, we got stuck in a good way, and we're going to dinner with a friend.

"A-B-C (A-B-C) fallin' in love with you was, easy for me (easy for me) and you can do it too. It's easy (it's so easy) like takin' candy, from a baby..." Clue: We just covered the first three letters of the alphabet, and yesterday we covered the first three counting things. Hmm.

The three hour drive to Chiang Mai was fairly routine. We had dry highway for most of the trip, stopped at our favorite little roadside coffee shop, and saw incredible jungle scenes along the way. With all the rain, some of our landmarks had changed due to all the 'new green'.

We're staying in a different hotel this time. It's right next door to the one we usually book, but it's much nicer. We got an upgrade to a large room on the 20th floor. There's a great view of the city, and it's very well lit. The only oddity is that it has twin beds. So, we'll either play Ozzie & Harriet, or move the nightstand and push the beds together. (Ha)

When going to an unknown destination in the big city, we take a taxi. That was the case today for our acupuncture appointment. Had no idea where it was, but after riding and watching, I think I could get there. The doctor is a very cordial woman who speaks a mix of English and Thai, and we got along great. She explained the source of my problem right away. Starting with my thumb, she went up my arm, pressing points where there was that kind of pain you only notice when someone presses on it. Each point she pressed was a place where a needle was inserted. There were also a few more for general health. I was told that I was very healthy. That made my day, now where's that Mickey D's? (555) Lisa got a little extra in her treatment. I knew they were setting up the electrical stimulation device, and I thought it was going alright until I heard a yelp from the bed beside me. A quick correction and everything was fine. Now we're planning for our next appointment.

Here's one from the 'Show must go on' department: Yesterday we went to the main market and as we entered the main section, the place seemed a little dim. That's because they had no power. Only the lights from the skylights were illuminating the place. A few merchants had candles lit, but the whole thing was eerie. They were still selling things, though I can't imagine buying fabric in the dark. I guess it was a result of all the lightning the night before.

This evening we're going to dinner with our friend Ten. Then we'll hit the Night Bazaar. It's such a different experience compared to Chiang Rai. Tomorrow we go to the zoo, the bookstore, the international food store, the art supply store, and swim in the hotel pool. Cheap thrills.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Your vision will become clear
only when you look into your heart.
Who looks outside, dreams.
Who looks inside, awakens."
~Carl Jung

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: