Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Today was the same as yesterday in Chiang Rai. Sunny, cloudy, humid during the day, and a storm in the late afternoon. This seems like a rainier rainy season. Today was also a day off for many people so the streets, and shops were crowded. I was in the middle of it. Hmm.

That song you didn't know was "I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night" by The Electric Prunes. Now the clues make sense. (5) It's time for 'Old School Friday', and I'll try to make it easy on you. "Oh, life could be a dream (__ __ ) if I could take you up to paradise up above (__ __) if you would tell me I'm the only one that you love, life could be a dream sweetheart. (Hello hello again, __ __ and hopin' we'll meet again) Hint: The title is more of a sound rather than words that mean anything. This '54 hit was by a group whose name is an important element in music.

Today was a bank holiday. I think it was arranged this way so people could have a four day weekend. At any rate, you could tell that it wasn't a regular day around here. I dropped Lisa off for a hair appointment, and braced myself for a visit to Big C. Armed with a list, and a growing knowledge of the store, I went forth. (Ha) I still enjoy watching families shopping together. Sometimes an aisle will be clogged with an entourage of 8 to 10 family members deciding on which item to get. Several generations at the big store. It's getting easier to tell the social structure as well. For the most part, there is an order of respect and privilege that is followed. The respect part is cool, but I notice some people giving way to others, almost in an act of submission. I don't think it's right, but it's not my country or culture. It is what it is. Anyway, I worked my way through the store and got everything on the list.

Meanwhile, back at the salon, while Lisa was getting her hair dried, I noticed a flyer for a fancy looking 'perm machine'. A few minutes later there was some activity at the end chair, and when I looked, there was a woman connected to the machine. Basically, it looked like the invention of a mad scientist in a 'B' movie, but it made sense. The hair was rolled up on rods, and then each rod was connected to a wire that went to the machine. The machine heated the rods, and I guess it gives controllable, uniform heat. Brilliant. We didn't get to see the results.

For some reason, today has felt like Saturday, all day. I came to a non-scientific conclusion as to why we have eye brows. Living in all this heat, and humidity causes one to perspire (sweat) a lot. While wiping my face I realized that there was a lot of moisture in my brows. The idea is that they keep the sweat from going into your eyes. (Within reason) Just another lesson from The Professor.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. Enjoy the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

A very elderly gentleman, (mid nineties) very well dressed, hair well
groomed, great looking suit, flower in his lapel smelling slightly of a
good after shave, presenting a well looked after image, walks into an
upscale cocktail lounge. Seated at the bar is an elderly looking lady,
(mid eighties).

The gentleman walks over, sits alongside of her, orders a drink, takes
a sip, turns to her and says, "So tell me, do I come here often?"

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: