Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Butterfly

Hi,

Today's Chiang Rai weather can be summed up in one word: wind. It keeps feeling like rain is coming, but it never arrives. We had some brief moisture, but it didn't even wet the whole driveway. We ran some errands this afternoon, talked to the travelers, and did a lot of reminiscing.

You all survived 'Easy Monday' and got to sing "Goin' Out of My Head" from Little Anthony and The Imperials.
"And when I see the sign that points one way, the lot we used to pass by every day. Just __ __ __, you won't see me follow you back home. The empty sidewalks on my block are not the same. You're not to blame. Hint: Obviously a very sad song. It would appear two people are walking in different directions. Hmm. The group is named after a place.

This morning it really looked like it was going to rain. The sky was overcast, the wind was blowing, and there was that feeling that something was about to happen. It stayed like that all day. Johan came by for a little pool talk and mentioned that he got a message from a friend that there was a typhoon somewhere in Isaan, north east of us. What ever caused this weird day, I hope it's done by the weekend.

Blue and I spent some time this morning just hanging out and looking back on various times in our lives. It felt good to connect with someone from my childhood that could relate to so many memories. He also told me about his adventures with the Java Jazz Festival this year. It's the biggest festival of its kind in the world. With multiple stages providing world class jazz and world music, it has grown into a model of what can be done. There was a WiFi system in place that was centered around the venue. One could rent a special Blackberry and it would notify you as to who was on which stage, plus streaming video from the main stage. Sounds pretty amazing.

Sam and Emma are in Chiang Mai, and will be coming to The Rai tomorrow afternoon or evening. We're making a list of places to see and things to do while they're here. In the middle of all that, we're looking for 10 chairs to rent for the party. We stopped by our local furniture store to ask about it and we got a blank look and a no. I know it's done, I just have to find out who's doing it. The adventure continues. Speaking of that, Blue and I were browsing the aisle with the chips today at the market. There are Lay's Original potato chips, but did you know that they come in a wide assortment of flavors? They have spicy shrimp, pizza, seaweed, and spicy hot BBQ, just to name a few. I just settled for the original. (Ha)

It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
or
whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man."
~Chuang-tzu (c.369-c.286 BC)

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: