Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sometimes

Hi,

On a sunny day in Chiang Rai we got a visit from a real electrician. We swam, had company, and experienced a spicy 'bowl switch' at dinner. Yum?

Amazing. I got one right answer, one and half-right answer and that was it. I hope this line and clue will help.
"'Cause you're a rambler and a gambler and a sweet talking ladies man, and you love your lovin'. But not like you love your freedom." Clue: The title of the song is a cry for something. The singer has been from Woodstock to the canyons and sometimes painted her own album covers.

For some time now, we've had a few lights that didn't want to work. I'd change bulbs but still no light. The last handyman even went into the ceiling, changed a switch and left us with the same problem. Today a guy came over that Kek recommended. He climbed the tall ladder, used a meter to check the flow of electricity, and fixed all of the offending sockets. What a joy to have all the lights working. It's not like we were in the dark, but it makes a difference when they all work.

We had an early swim this afternoon and discussed the possibilities of warming the pool water. The pool is a great place for brainstorming.

Just before dinner we had a visit from Tye and Pong. They came over with envelopes from their temple. A fundraising drive is on and, well, they were asking for donations. We ended up having a lively, fun conversation about the Thai language in it's written form. It started when Boot handed me an envelope and I asked her if she wanted me to fill it out in Thai. She laughed and said 'Yes'. She ended up filling it out, but it opened the door for our observations. Pong pointed out the 'artistic' font that was used and how we might not recognize some of the letters. He was so right.

When we sat down to have dinner, it was a green curry dish that Boot had made yesterday. There was so much of it that we said we'd finish it today. The problem was, mine was a little spicy. I didn't remember it being that way yesterday but I forged ahead anyway. It finally got to me and I started coughing. That's when we realized that I had Lisa's bowl. We switched and finished our meal and my comfort level returned.

Today Daku actually barked at me. A real "Big dog" bark. He wanted me to play with him and he got my attention. I wonder when he'll start barking more often. It's quite nice that he doesn't, but I know it's coming. BamBam, on the other hand, is a barking fool. She barks at the little birds that come to the yard. It's very annoying and I'm trying to figure out a way to explain to her that it's OK. Any change in the landscape brings barking. She is a dog after all, so I guess we'll have to deal with it. Hmm.

Have a Great Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge
and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you,
you will suddenly know everything there is to be known."
~Winnie-the-Pooh

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: