Thursday, October 22, 2009

Qualities

Hi,

Errands were run, hair was done, and rocks were the order of the day. We got two new trees and the night was filled with fireworks on the eve of a holiday.

It would appear that you need help with this song. My friend Barry was the only one to get it. This should help:
"I beg your pardon, I never promised you a __ __. Along with the sunshine, there's gotta be a little rain sometimes." Hint: If that line didn't do it for you, answer this question: What do you have if you plant a bunch of pretty flowers that have thorns? I expect mail. (Ha)

This morning I dropped Lisa off at the hair salon and tackled a list of errands. My first stop was Big C. Some essentials and a bag of doggie treats. From there I went to Toyota to try and make an appointment to have the truck serviced. If I had thought about it, I would have taken the 'book' for the truck so they knew what I wanted. What actually happened was interesting. When I drove into the parking stall for service I was immediately met by a young woman who began writing on her clipboard before I could say anything. I tried to explain that I didn't want service for the car, but for my pick-up. Finally another woman came over who spoke a tiny bit of English and we finally got on the same page. So, Saturday morning at 8am I'll get the truck serviced.

There were several more stops on my little adventure but they were mostly routine. I did run into a snag at the electronics warehouse trying to explain that I wanted an adapter for a stereo plug that had an elbow bend. Try that with out the right words. Finally I drew a picture and they got close but it was the wrong size. Where's Radio Shack when you need them?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the workers started installing the rocks on the waterfall. There are big ones and little ones and as the day progressed, we began to see the concept unfold. It's going to be beautiful. It has a rugged, natural look that will be framed by, in Kek's words, a jungle. While that was going on, the garden folks continued with the installation of the ground cover and late in the day they planted two trees that Kek calls 'Red Palm'. They're like palm bushed with red stalks. Very interesting plants.

Tomorrow is the celebration of the birthday of King Chulalongkorn, or Rama V. He was born on September 20, 1853 and is perhaps, the most revered of all the Kings of the Chakri Dynasty. He reigned for 42 years and 23 days and achieved great advances for the country. Among the changes were the abolishment of slavery and freedom for everyone born during his reign. There is much more to the story and you can Google his name and find out about this incredible statesman.

Have a Great Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"The nobler sort of man (person) emphasizes the good qualities in others, and does not accentuate the bad.
The inferior does the reverse."
~Confucius

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: