Thursday, January 3, 2008

Forever (Wednesday's Message)

Hi,
I'll bet you thought I'd fallen off the face of the earth. Not really, just a New Years Break. I'll give you a quick look at the last few days.
For starters, the weekend song was "You're The Biggest Part Of Me" by Ambrosia. You might want to think about this and hum along all day: "I was a lonely soul, I had nobody till I met you. But you keep-a me waiting, all of the time, what can I do?" Clues: I've given you more than a chance on this one. Late 60s, from across the pond.
We went to Bangkok Blue for dinner with mom on Sunday. Another childhood friend and his wife joined us. Frank and Linda are avid readers of this page and have been intrigued with the whole process. We had a fun time, and of course, the food was outrageous. Blue has some new photos on the wall, from his recent trip to LOS, plus the 'Wall of Fame' has new entries as well. You just gotta go out there.
Living with the boys is a constant adventure. We made a deal with them. If the door is unlocked, they're welcome to come in. And come in they do. It's nice, most of the time. They do have their moments, like all boys, when adrenaline takes over and you wonder who they are. There are art projects, food talks, soccer sessions, just to mention a few topics of discussion.
New Years eve found the family watching the eastern 'drop' so August could watch the event. (very interested in why there was steam coming from the ball and who controlled what) We stayed up with C-Bass, Jeff and Anna for the west coast drop. Lisa and I watched the Rose Parade and I watch the Trojans Triumph. It was a good day.
We called our friends back in LOS to wish them Happy New Year. Jeff as made major improvements in the internet here at the house, so we were able to Skype and talk to Boot and Supat. That was really cool. They gave us updates on what's happening with the house preparations.
I must say, there are some things here that would nice to have, on a regular basis, in Thailand. Things like multi-ply tissue, Tylenol, Broadband internet, and signs I can read.
Today, I promise to post a bunch of new pics on Flickr.

Peace,
Danny

"God put me on earth to accomplish a number of things;
right now I'm so far behind I will live forever."
~Unknown


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: