Monday, January 25, 2021

Measure

 Hi,

Chiang Rai is definitely in a daytime warming trend.  People are out and about wearing shorts and sandals.  What?

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Stubborn Kind of Fella” by Marvin Gaye https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQXdxFCgmkk   That brings us to another episode of ‘Easy Monday’.  “I never meant to cause you any sorrow, I never meant to cause you any pain.  I only wanted one time to see you laughing, I only want to see you laughing in the __ __.  __ __, __ __.  __ __, __ __. __ __, __ __, I only wanted to see you bathing in the __ __.”  Hint:  This 1984 song is from a movie of the same name.  There is royalty involved.

I have a nature update:  The men in the trees across the street were attempting to collect seeds from the teak trees.  Teak wood is very valuable and with time and patience, and a government permit, one could generate some money years from now.  There are teak tree plantations that are clearly investments.  Of course, once they’re grown, one has to let them go.  That might be the hard part.

Sunday we went to The Wanderer with JaiDee.  We’ve kept him at home until his feet got better.  One of the things that was required was to keep them dry.  They water in the mornings at The Wanderer and that leaves the ground wet.  Anyway, we had a pretty mellow time.  Things got more exciting when we went to Browney Pet World afterwards.  It gets him every time.  

This year, Chinese New Year is on February 12.  So now there are two things to celebrate.  New Years and my birthday.  In the Talat there is a small shop (stand) that sells traditional items for various Chinese celebrations.  Right now the place is very bright with all the red and gold.




This morning we went to Big C for the weekly supplies.  When we were done, I went to one of the phone accessory shops to get an extra cable for charging my phone and iPods.  One of the things I love at shops that sell electric/electronic things is the fact that they show you that it works.  The sales person unpacked the cord and plugged it into a USB adapter and handed me the other end.  I plugged it into my phone and it was good.  She was going to repack it into the original box but I just put it in my bag with the receipt.  Sometimes it feels like I don’t want to spend the time watching them do all the work, but it’s a good thing and I take a breath and relax.  That’s some pretty intense training, but it’s worth it.

It turns out that the new QR Code contact tracing program is all over Chiang Rai (and I suppose Thailand in general).  Everywhere we went (almost) there was a ‘Check In’ station before entering a business.  

Tomorrow I will tell you of the “Continuing Adventures of My Left Eye”.  It’s a thriller.

Have a Great Week.  Stay Safe and Don’t Mess Around.

                       Peace,
                                 Danny  

“The measure of a man
is what he does with power.”
~Plato

No comments: